Back to School

🌹

Rose:

I stroll through the school hallway with my backpack rested on my shoulders. The place is crowded and back to its noisy self.

Of course no one pays any attention to me as I swing my locker open with a loud creak. I slip my book bag in and pull out my calculus book like I do every morning.

I sigh and close my door causing a loud bang. "Oh my god!" I stammer frantically as my hand flies to my chest. "Sorry." Grayson says chuckling as he leans up against the locker right next to mine.

"You scared the shit out of me." I say playfully smacking his chest. "Hey. I gotta keep you guessing." He jokes. I roll my eyes as I lean up against my locker facing him.

There's now a handful of people starting at me. They're probably confused as to why Grayson's talking to me. To be honest I'm confused too. I didn't expect him to do this in front of everyone.

"So how's my beautiful girl?" He grins as he wraps his hands around my waist. "Great now." I smirk up at him.

This definitely earns even more stares. Some are even whispering to one another.

Grayson sees me looking around and he's quick to reassure me. "Don't worry about them. They're just jealous." He chuckles. "Of what?" I laugh.

"Of how much of a perfect couple we are." He grins. "Shut up." I laugh while rolling my eyes. "Hey! It's true!" He says obviously not caring who watches us interact with one another.

"I'm guessing you have calculus first." He says taking in the large blue book held in my arms. "Yep." I say popping the "p".

"Well it's your lucky day. I'm heading the same direction for Econ." He smiles. My eyebrows immediately knit together. "Grayson that's the complete opposite way from the Calculus room."

"Just let me walk you to class." He says rolling his eyes causing me to chuckle.

He laces our fingers together and he holds his head up high as we walk through the halls. If people weren't whispering before they definitely are now.

I grip his hand tightly because I'm not use to all of the attention. He just caresses the back of my hand to let me know everything will be alright.

"Well I think this is your stop." He grins as I look over my shoulder at the familiar classroom. "So I'll see you later?" I ask with a hopeful smile.

"Actually I need to talk to you about that." My heart hammers against my chest as I listen to him closely. "My dad wants you and your dad to come over for dinner tonight you know since we're a couple now." He says scratching the back of his neck.

"I'd love to." I smile. "So I will see you later." He says placing his hand on my waist.

Everyone is looking at us now but he doesn't care as he closes the space between us. It's a quick peck but it still makes my whole body light up with passion and love.

"Talk to you later princess." He says as he walks down the hall. I wave to him as my cheeks burn.

I shake my head as I run my hand through my naturally wavy hair. I turn on my heels and head into class with the biggest smile on my face.

Just to think months ago I hated this place baffles me. I thought Grayson was the biggest idiot to walk the earth and now I'm head over heels for him.

——————————
AN:

So I think this is where I want to end it. I'm not sure yet but I've enjoyed this book so much.