Anthem

"Fuck, man!" I exclaimed as I grabbed my jacket and made my way to the door. I had a huge headache and everything that has gone wrong wasn't making it any better.

First off, the owner of the venue was being a huge dick to us because we weren't "being careful with the equipment." 3 times he had cut my mic off while the band and I were practicing. He wouldn't let us bring alcohol backstage (even though drinks were allowed/served in here) and also refused to cooperate when we tried to reason with him. This guy was a pretty big asshole.

Not to mention that the fans waiting outside where beginning to cause problems. Security found some that snuck inside because, as they said, they wanted to have sex with me.

Why.

They also somehow managed to get into our bus and take some of our personal items like our clothes. That's kind of creepy.

Anyways, I was about to walk out the door when I hear someone ask, "Where are ya goin'?"

I turn around to see Lee. "No where, I just need some time to think. I got a mad headache now and I think I could use some air.." I walk out while ending my sentence. I pull over my hood so people don't recognize who I am, passing by oblivious fans waiting in line to get inside. I get down the block and pull my hood off, and take out some cigarettes and a lighter. I light one up and try to relax for at least a few minutes...

"Oliver?"

Hm, that voice sounds familiar, but I take it as just another fan and say, rather rudely without turning around, "Wha' is it?"

"It's me, Kimberley."

I stand there for a second before it processes in my mind, almost coking on smoke. I turn around and sure enough I see a little brunette with large, brilliant brown eyes.Those eyes, man. Make you feel like your melting. She wore a black tube top, shorts and some black stockings, and a pair of ankle combat boots.

"Oh, wow, um...how-"

"I looked up that band you told me about."

"Oh." Was all i could muster up to say.

"I saw you were having a show here, so I decided to check your band out. I got my ticket yesterday."

"...Oh."

She giggled, "Can't you say anythin' else?"

"Sorry, I'm just...surprised."

"In a good way?"

"Of course. Wait, your parents let you come here all by ya self?"

"Hah, they think I'm staying over a friends house. I had some money from babysittin' and thought I should come. How come your here by ya self?"

I looked down, taking in another breath of smoke from my cigarette, "I just wanted some time alone, for a while, before the show starts." I shuffled my feet together like I was thinking deeply.

"Ah. Well, I'm glad I saw you again." She said. I looked up at her, and she looked at the ground looking unsure of what she should do next.

I looked at my feet now, then after a few seconds I felt a pair of arms go around my neck.

I slipped my arms around her waist, and we just stood like that for a good 5 minutes. I let my cigarette fall on the ground and watched it go out as I hugged Kimberley.

"I better go back"

"Do you have too?"

"Probably, the shows suppose to start at 9. Will I see you on the front row?"