PROLOGUE

- Taehyung -

- Taehyung -

WITH a drink in my right hand, I sat there alone watching Jimin, my best friend dancing on the dance floor. No idea why I couldn't seem to enjoy this party. It was kinda boring.

I was missing her in my arms for an unknown reason.

Three years passed since we started dating and I already wanted her to be completely mine. Also, I was planning to propose to her soon.

A wide smile formed across my face when I remembered about my plan to propose her but got snapped out of my thoughts when someone hit my head.

I looked at the person with an irritated expression. It was our birthday girl, Yumi.

She took a seat in front of me and looked at me, crossing her arms. "Why are you alone here? Aren't you enjoying my birthday party?" she asked while pouting.

"I'm enjoying. See." I lifted my drink and showed her.

"Really? But your glass is almost empty," she said, pointing at my glass.

"Excuse me, fill this please," she said to the bartender and again, the glass was full in no time.

"YUMI!" Someone called her name.

"I'll be back," she said and walked away. She is the most demanded person this night, our birthday girl.

Again, I ended up there with a drink, alone and bored.

"Taehyung." A girl sat in front of me and that was when I recognized her. She was my classmate from high school and we rarely talked back then, but I don't remember her name.

"Long time no sees," she said, running her fingers through her hair. "Ejing?" I asked, trying my best to remember her name.

"Aejung," she said, forming a thin line with her lips. I smiled nervously and she chuckled after seeing my expression.

"Excuse me, a drink please," she said to the bartender and soon a drink was placed in front of her. "So, how are you doing?" she asked.

"Good." The only word that escaped my mouth.

She started chattering continuously but my focus was on my glass which the bartender just filled. Again, I emptied the glass which kept going on.

My sight slowly started getting blurrier after each shot. The girl in front of me said something to me before pulling me to the dance floor.