9. Drunk

- Minhee -

ALCOHOL had been giving me company for past few days, it helped me to forget the pain he gave me as well as our memories.

But in the morning when the effect of it is gone, everything comes back slowly and the pain would get even worse.

Today I finally decided to talk with him, hoping not to get thrown by him like he did that day. Also, I needed to apologize for how I acted towards her soon to be wife.

With head hanging low, I walked inside the building of Kim Enterprises, and the pairs of eyes that landed on me were looking at me in pity.

Of course, they would know our story, he cheated on me and I turned into a mess.

I walked to the receptionist and she bowed at me, "Where's Taehyung?" I asked her.

"He's inside his office," she said in a low voice and I gave her a smile before turning back.

A tear rolled down my cheek, which I immediately wiped before I slowly opened the door.

There he was on his desk, working with full concentration. "T-Taehyung," I called him out as I walked in and he looked up.

"What are you doing here?" he asked and got back to work. "I'm here to apologize for that day," I said, hanging my head low.

"Okay you can leave now," he said, without looking at me.

Letting my tears roll down my cheeks, "I miss you," I said, harshly biting my own lips. He didn't respond to me instead grabbed his phone and made a call.

"Come to my office," he said to the person on the other line and got back to working again.

A few seconds later, a security guard walked in. "Yes sir," he bowed at Taehyung.

Not surprised after what he said next, "throw her out of this building." The guard looked at me. "I'm sorry," I apologized and walked out myself.

Outside the building, across the road, I stood there waiting for him to walk out.

The sky started crying along with me, people started running to protect themselves from rain while I stood there letting each drop touch me.

I waited for several hours soaking in the rain, but he still didn't come outside. I didn't give up and waited for him because I needed to talk to him and tell him how much I love him at least once before I leave.

- Taehyung's POV -

Trying my best to forget her puffy eyes from earlier, I concentrated on the papers in front of me, on my desk, more like tried to concentrate.

I gave up on trying and stood up from my seat.

When I opened the window, I realized that it was raining. My eyes caught a figure across the road, soaking in the rain.

"Minhee." I slammed the window and ran outside to the elevator.

Finally, the elevator stopped on the ground floor and I ran out of the building. I walked across the road and a smile formed across her face as soon as she saw me there.

"I knew you would come." She bit her lips, letting the tears she was holding roll down her cheeks. I took off my jacket gave her, she wore it with a slight smile.

I sighed before grabbing her wrist and pulled her away from that place.

She silently followed me, I brought her to the parking lot and pushed her inside the car before driving to her house.

It already stopped raining when we reached her house, "Get out of the car," I said, without looking at her.

"No, not until you'll explain," she insisted. "Please, I need the explanation before I leave," she begged me.

The atmosphere became silent, but soon her silent sobs became audible. I walked out of the car.

"Did I do something wrong or do I lack something?" she asked as I pulled her out the car.

She immediately hugged me tightly, and I tried to push her but couldn't. Not because I was weak, I wasn't able to do so because I missed her in my arms.

"Please forget about me," I said, letting tears rolled down my cheeks. "Why are you crying?" she asked and wiped my tears away.

"You don't love me, right? Then why are you crying?" she asked while sobbing.

I didn't hold back my tears anymore, I couldn't. "Tell me the truth, I'll let go of you," she said, forcing a smile on her face.

"I was drunk and next morning I found myself naked beside-" I finally said it, but paused since I couldn't continue the sentence.

A bitter smile formed across her face, "Do you not love me anymore?" she asked and waited for my answer.

"No one can ever replace your place in my heart, that's how much I love you." I finally confessed my true feelings, even though it's late.

"Is it your decision to choose responsibility over love?" she asked and I nodded, avoiding her eyes.

"I respect your decision, but I want something from you," she said. "What is it?" I asked, fearing if I would be able to give her what she wanted.

"Can you cheat on her for the first and last time?" she asked, leaving me in confusion.

A pair of hands cupped my cheeks, "I love you," and our lips met. Those pair of lips started moving against mine, and as she wanted, I cheated on my soon to be wife, I kissed her back.

Soon she broke the kiss for air, "I'm leaving Korea," she said and leaned back with a smile.

"Don't worry, I believe that she will replace me sooner." Her smile was painful.

"When is your wedding?" she asked me, and with a stone in my heart, "In a week," I told her.

"Is it okay if I attend?" she nervously asked and I nodded.

"So goodbye" she lightly pushed me away from her and walked away.

I watched her back leaving and couldn't control my emotions, so I ran to her and turned her around before kissing her again.

Call me selfish, because yes, I was being selfish right now. This would only make hard for her to leave, but as I told earlier, I was being selfish.

This time, she tried to push me but I continued kissing her, soon she gave up and kissed me back. If only I could stop the time right at this moment, but sadly I couldn't, so I broke the kiss.

"Be happy with her," she said and walked inside her house. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I watched the door that she just slammed.

I'm sorry.

•••