4. Kiss

- Minhee -

A tiny raindrop which entered inside the window lightly hit my nose. I stood there letting those raindrops hit my face.

The way wind carried the falling small raindrops, the slanted rain was beautiful.

I love the rain.

"MINHEE! CLOSE THE WINDOW!" grandma shouted from inside. That was when I remembered that I came here to close the window.

I let the last drop hit my face before I closed the window and ran inside. Grandma brought a towel and dried my wet face.

"You'll get sick," she said and hit my head.

With a pout, I rubbed the part where she hit and pulled her wrinkled cheeks before speaking.

"Did you take your medicine?" I asked her and she nodded her head. I brought her to the room and helped her lay on the bed.

"You go. I'll sleep myself," she said and pushed me, but I waited in her room until she fell asleep.

After I turned off the lights, I walked out of her room and walked to my small room which she decorated with her own hands.

The room was a definition of pink.

Pink was my favorite color when I was small. But now, for me, black and white was life. Black and white was perfection.

I jumped on my bed and pulled the blanket.

The raining sound from outside was so peaceful. I was busy listening to the sound when my phone started buzzing on the table.

I answered the call after I looked at the caller id. "Minhee, I'm coming there," Taehyung spoke leaving me in confusion.

His voice was different and I know him very well. As if he cried?

"What?" I asked.

"I have to tell you something really important and I can't wait until tomorrow, so I'm leaving for the station and will probably reach there in three hours," he said.

"But it's already past 9–" He hung up the call even before I completed my sentence.

The phone call only made me worried for him. What important thing was he talking about?

After I set the alarm for two and a half hours later, I tried to sleep as I was tired but I couldn't.

I gave up after I spent about two hours only changing the sleeping positions. I stood up and wore a jacket before grabbing an umbrella.

Holding an umbrella, I walked to the station and waited there for an hour, three trains arrived but he wasn't in any of them. I tried calling him but he wasn't responding to the call.

I waited for more, the last train was still to arrive. I waited, waited, and waited. Finally, the last train arrived.

My eyes were fixed to the exit but he didn't walk out from there. All the passengers walked outside and walked back home.

I was left alone.

I dialed his number again but he still didn't respond.

Did he lie to me?