Prologue

A/N: This video above was my inspiration for this fanfic. Hope you enjoy~

Lance and  Brooke(made up character) were working on the farm, so that they would be able to buy what they needed to live on with their lives. Lance was working on feeding the animals while Brooke was working in the fields and copping wood to keep them warm. "Brooke! Are you done yet? It's getting late, we need to head inside." Lance ells across the field. "Yeah! Just go on ahead, I need to grab something real quick!" Brooke yelled back gathering up his tools. "Fine, but I won't wait for you to get inside before I start to eat(does that make sense?)" Lance turns around placing his hand on his hips and heading inside. Brooke grabs a small box that he had sat down on a small log and checked to see if the small object was still inside. Brooke took a deep breath and sighed feeling his heart race with what he was about to do.
He placed the small box inside his pocket ans started walking to the small house that he and Lance lived in. Lance saw Brooke walk in and smiled at him with one of his warm, welcoming smiles. "What are you waiting for take a seat and eat with me." Lance says looking up at Brooke.  "Okay, I'll take a seat, but once we're done I need to tell you something." Brooke says while taking a seat and smiling a shy smile. Lance gives him a questioning look, but shrugs it off with ease. 
Once they finish their meal Brooke grabs some food and some of his belongings and put them into a small bag. "So what did you want to tell me?" Lance asks with a worried look in his eyes while watching Brooke pack up some belongings. Brooke turns his head to look over his shoulder at Lance and smiles weakly. He walks over to Lance and gets down on one knee and grabs to small box from his pocket. "Lance, you are the most important and special person I have ever met, I love you with all m heart.  I want to stay here with you, but I also wish to travel the land for a sort while. So after a long time of thinking I decided that I will travel the land, but you can not come along with me; however, I give you this as a promise that I will return to you in a sort amount of time. A week at the most." Brooke says while holding out the opened box with a small simple ring on the inside. Brooke's heart is about to burst with the anticipation of what Lance is going to do when suddenly Lance starts to cry and cover up his tears with his hands. Brooke widens his eyes and stands up to embrace his love. "I love you too, but why must you abandon me like this?" Lance asks, still crying into his hands. "I just want to be able to see what I've never seen before. And I want to see the sight of coming back to you, and if you stay here than the farm will be in perfect shape while I return. You see if you came along we would have to start what you created all over again. This is why you must stay here." Brooke says while trying to comfort Lance. "I know that, but I don't you leave. I know I'm just being selfish by not wanting to leave, but I can't help it, I love you." Lance says hugging Brooke and trying to stop the tears. "I know, but just do't think about it too much. That should help the pain." Brooke says letting go of Lance to look him in the eyes. Lance nods and wipes the tears away. "So only a a week right?" Lance asks. "Yes only a week, and I'll be leaving tomorrow. Here, let's put this on." Brooke says putting the ring on Lance's finger. "If it's only a week, I think I can handle it." Lance says rubbing his fingers over the ring while blushing slightly. "That's good to hear." Brooke says embracing Lance once more before they go to bed. 
"I must go now, but don't fret, I'll be back in a week at the most." Brooke says grabbing his bag and placing a gentle kiss on Lance's cheek. "I understand, please don't take to long." Lance says looking tired from not getting any sleep from the night before. He couldn't help it, he didn't want to close his eyes. He felt that if he did Brooke would be gone and he would never see him again. It hurt Lance's heart just thinking about it. "I promise." Brooke says turning to start his journey. "Wait!" Lance yells slightly causing Brooke to turn back around. When turn around, however, he did not expect Lance too kiss him on the lips.(don't worry it's still a klance fanfic) Brooke widened his eyes due to not expecting this from Lance and the contact in general. This was his first kiss, on the lips at least, and to have it taken by the man that he loved the most was a major pleasure for him. They pull away from each other. "Now get out of here and hurry back." Lance says with a smile. Brooke blushes and turns around again and starts to walk towards the road out of town while back at Lance.

A/N: okay I'm to lazy/ don't really know how to write the rest of this chapter so quick summary of what I'm to lazy to write properly:
Lance waits and waits for Brooke to return even though its been way longer than a week. After a couple more days he hears news about how Broke had died at the hands of Dread Pirate Roberts aka Keith. 
That's it, hope you enjoyed~