Foreshadowing

Please remember to vote and comment!!!

"You were Seung-Min's best friend."

I stopped.

I just stopped.

"Taehyun? Taehyun are you okay?" Her voice. It just drowned into the walls. Nothing. I could hear nothing but my own beating heart. It was consuming me.

I couldn't move. It was as if the synapses between each nerve cell had stopped; not allowing electrical impulses to diffuse through to the next cell. I felt paralysed.

I felt paralysed, yet I knew I could move. But I couldn't. I just couldn't. I was frozen.

They say that men can't cry. They say that men are supposed to protect women. They say men are supposed to be the strong one. But I suppose I threw all of those nuances away as soon as his name was brought up.

"Seung-Min..."

Seung-Min, Seung-Min, Seung-Min. His name repeated in my head over and over. Like a voice in my head forcing me to remember what I'd hoped to bury so far down. So far down that, I'd almost, as horribly that I must say, forgot it happened.

I'd never gone back to visit the memorial. I'd never once looked back. I guess being in Taehyung's ordeal allowed me to escape. Allowed me to be what I should've been that April.

"Taehyun wait up! I want some too." I turned around to see his smile and giggles as he ran towards me to get some breakfast.
Seung-Min and I are best friends. We've known each other for around 8 years.
When I was 6 I moved to Seoul from Daegu. At first, I hated it, but if I didn't move then I suppose I wouldn't have met Seung-Min and his family, they're like my family.

My brother didn't move here with me, so I hardly saw him, but he was always busy with his friends in Daegu, so I never had that much time to be with him before anyway.

I sat down at the table waiting for him with his triangle kimbap and a carton of milk. "What do you want to do when we get to Jeju?" I asked, sipping on my milk.

"I'm not sure. I suppose we have to do the activities but, if we get some time should we go and find an aquarium?'

"That sounds like a cool idea. But we should also go to the beach and collect some shells."

"And to a science museum, there's a good one near where we are apparently."

It was around 8:04, and you could just about see some people running towards the deck, which was strange as we weren't allowed on the deck till it was 10 am, as we were supposed to stay in our booked rooms with our luggage.

"Seung-Min do you want to go to the deck? It looks like someone is going over there."

"Okay, but I'll go get my camera first. I want to get some pictures of the water and surroundings."