Chapter 92: Clary's POV

Oh...

What happened?

Simon: Clary?

Clary: Simon, what happened?

Simon: I remember that Magnus got shot at the wedding, and all of these people just came out and knocked us out.

Clary: Wait, where's everyone else?

Simon: I don't know, I haven't seen anyone but you, me, Will, Tessa, Catarina, and Magnus.

Clary: Magnus, are you okay?

Magnus: Yeah, I'm fine...

Clary: Is everyone else okay?

Tessa: We're fine.

Hodge: I never would've thought I would ever see any of you children ever again.

All: HODGE!

Clary: Oh my god, Hodge what happened to you?

Hodge: King Robert and his daily whippings he gave me.

Magnus: But why is he doing this to you?

Hodge: There is something I have never told you.

Will: What is it, Principal Hodge?

Hodge: Before I became a principal, I worked as the royal tutor for the royal children. I taught Jace, Isabelle, and Alec everything they know.

Tessa: Why did you leave?

Hodge: Because King Robert had dismissed me.

Magnus: He did what?

Hodge: It is a long story, but here goes nothing...

Many years ago, before the Lightwood's had taken over Idris, the Herondales were in charge that was until Queen Imogen was on her drying days. Now it would be obvious for her son, Stephen Herondale, to take over the kingdom but he was murdered and so was his wife. The only one who was remained unharmed was their son Jace Herondale. He would've been the next king, but he was newborn at the time so Imogen had to leave the kingdom to someone else.

Magnus: And that someone was King Robert?

Hodge: Yes, but at the time he was a sweet and kind gentlemen. At the time all was well, until recent murders had started to happen. First came Robert's Parabati, Michael Wayland, and what was even worse was that Michael was the one that adopted Jace. Yet, Robert stepped in and adopted Jace him so he wouldn't be an orphan.

Clary: Do you know who murdered this 'Michael Wayland'?

Hodge: No one had ever figured out the case, but we'll get to that later. After Michael's death, then there came Maryse Lightwood's death. She was found dead by a maiden of her's, she described the bathtub being filled with blood and Maryse's throat was slit very deeply. After this, everyone was in mourning and no one was safe at all. Security had to be restaffed to make sure that the king, the children, and everyone else is safe. Sadly, it wasn't enough because the youngest child, Max Lightwood, was murdered. This changed Robert to become a man who was good to a man who is evil. I tried to talk to him, and I tried to get him to stop and realize what he was doing but he didn't listen. The more I tried to get him back to who he was before the more I made everything worse, and then one day he told me that I was fired and I was banned from Idris forever.

Simon: God, whoever murdered all of these people must have some kind of rage against the royal family.

Hodge: He did, and he still does now.

Clary: Who is this person?

Hodge: His name is Valentine Morgenstern, and I believe he is responsible for all of the deaths he has caused.

Clary: Was he ever convicted?

Hodge: No, that was because nobody ever suspected that it was him who did it.

Clary: Where is he now?

Valentine: I'm right here, my daughter.

I looked to see a tall man with blond almost white hair, and eyes that could pierce the world's heart.

Clary: Wait, what did you just call me?

Valentine: That's right Seraphina, I am you father.

Clary: But my name isn't Seraphina, it's Clarissa.

Valentine: Is that what your mother named you? No offense, Clarissa, but I don't really like your name at all.

Clary: Where you the one that took my mother and brother?

Valentine: What do you think?

Clary: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THEM?!

Valentine: Why don't I show you?

Valentine unlocks my cell, and started to drag me out. I tried to break free, but I couldn't he had a tight grip on me.

Simon: CLARY!

Clary: SIMON!

Simon: CLARY!