Welcome To My Life

No you don’t know what it’s like,

When nothing feels alright.

No you don’t know what it’s like to be like me.

To be hurt, to be lost, to be left out in the dark,

To be kicked, when you’re down

Welcome to my life.

~~Welcome To My Life

                Simple Plan

Recap

As I was entering the room I heard a faint “Alex?” I looked down to see her eyes open, to reveal huge light brown orbs staring at me. All thoughts of contacting Jack flew from my mind as I stared at the beautiful, yet broken, girl in front of me.

Alex

“You..you know who I am?” I asked, stupidly, oh off to a great start aren’t we? I was positive this was the girl now.

She didn’t even acknowledge my words and we sat in silence for about 20 seconds. I yearned to hold her hand and comfort her, make her feel right again. But I didn’t want to startle her, she was bound to be fragile right now.

“Why am I still here Alex?”  She mumbled softly, her eyes watering as they focused on her feet at the end of the shitty bed that the hospital provides.

I was speechless before I answered gently “Because it wasn’t your time. A man who lives near to you found you sweetheart, he rang the hospital, and they helped you. Just like I want to.” I watched her face intently , looking for any signs of distress, not that I would know what to do if I saw any.

Instead, her eyes fluttered shut and her knees moved up to her chest as she wrapped her arms around them, rocking backwards and forwards gently. She looked so vulnerable and fragile, sat there, rocking, wallowing in self hatred, my heart broke. I saw tears falling down her face as she moved, and her mouth moving. I could hear a soft murmur, but no actual words were clear to me from my position.

I stood up and crossed the short distance between us, wrapping my arms tightly around her shoulders , wishing she would stop crying. She leaned her head onto my chest and sobbed. Her tears were flowing thick and fast from her beautiful eyes and soaking my t-shirt but I didn’t care. Didn’t care about anything right now other than fixing this girl.

She curled her body so she was leaning into me and I supported her tiny figure with ease. I rubbed my hand against her arm, hoping to show her that I was here and that I cared. Eventually her sobs turned into words.

“ No, no, no. I don’t deserve to be here, I don’t want to be here. Why do the doctors insist on butting in? Why don’t they take into consideration what I want? It’s my choice. I want out. I have done for years. Why do they feel the need to interfere? I don’t want to be here, I don’t deserve to be here, and I can’t do it. It’s so fucking hard and this time I was finally free and they did it a-fucking-gain.” After getting all that out in about 2 breaths she broke down again, sobbing and yelling things that she thought wrong with herself hysterically, salty tears rolling down her cheeks the whole time.

I moved around and put my arms around her again, keeping them tight and whispering things into her hair, telling her everything would be alright and kissing the top of her head softly. Soon later, she quietened down and just sat in my arms.

“I’m going to tell the doctor that you’ve woken up,” I said slowly, removing my arms from around her.” I’ll be back in like 2 minutes literally, ok? “ I looked her in the eyes, and saw her nod as she curled in on herself again and started crying. I strode over to the door looking in her direction again before I left the room, I jogged down the corridor to the front desk.