Caleb Imagine #1

You were in the library, sharing a beanbag with Caleb, his arm around you as you read about the serum simulation. It had been his idea, his sister had told him to research it and he'd started spending as much time with you as he could. However, as you took a glance at him, you noticed that his eyes were glazed over, not even reading the words.

Smiling, you observed him for a few moments. He looked so cute when he was deep in thought... Well, he was always cute, but in scenarios like this, especially so. You tentatively reached for his hand, lacing your fingers in his. To your surprise (as he didn't normally enjoy public displays of affection) he gently squeezed your hand, resting a head on your shoulder.

You'd lost all your concentration on the book, and you knew Caleb had too, so you closed it, promising yourself you'd come back and research it tomorrow. You cuddled up to him, ignoring the strange looks that other Erudite's were shooting at you. Caleb suddenly gets up, pulling you with him.
"I... I'd like to take you somewhere... If you don't mind?" He says quietly, with the mild-mannered politeness he had been taught in Abnegation.

You happily got up and followed him to the stairs, walking with him, your hands still intwined. With no idea where he was taking you, you were incredibly curious, but refrained from asking him, knowing that he wouldn't tell you anyway. You only realised as he led you outside through some glass door where he was leading you: the forest close to the Erudite compound. You practically skipped along beside him for abruptly stopping, realising you were acting like an Amity, wanting to drop all memories of your previous faction.

Caleb walked with you for a while before sitting down by one of the tallest trees, pulling you into his lap and wrapping his arms around you. Both of you remain in a peaceful silence for several moments before Caleb opens his mouth to speak. "U-um... I think... I think that's it's about time that I told you that I believe I'm in love with you..." He stammers adorably, before going bright red and pushing his glasses up his nose.

You were overjoyed and nuzzled your head into his chest.
"Good, Caleb. Because I love you too." You whispered back, causing a slight smile to appear on his face. You looked into his eyes and knew that what you said was absolutely true. And that, maybe one day, you would want to share the surname Prior.