CHAPTER 4

The cool breeze made a shiver thrust through my body. Laughing -a dry laughter indicating no joy- I turned to look at the brunette guy next to me. Even with that frown on his face he looked so.. good!

"Look, Dylan, I..." I searched for the right words to say "I won't be analysing my past to someone I don't know, so give it up!"

His sparkling eyes roamed over mine, like dedecting for some flaws, a weak spot. That glimpse in his blue eyes could only mean one thing; a challenge.

"We're not in the ring now you know." I managed to utter, turning away so that I wasn't staring at these eyes. Why would he even care about me? Why didn't he just give it up and dump me like the others?

My fingers were going numb under his tight grip, my wrists were aching as he was pining me down, next to him on that bench.

His eyes were glued on mine "You cannot keep these all inside you forever, you have to let go!" he muttered and his voice was now soft, warm almost like he cared. "You know, I could play that game as well!"

"What stops you from doing it?"

He rolled his eyes at me, standing up. "Have a nice day!" and with these four words he walked away, not even glancing back, leaving me dazed and frozen.

*****

The blood on my knuckles didn't stop me from punching that wall. Red hair were falling messily over my eyes, since my ponytail had loosened and droplets of sweat were trickling down my face.

Why was he in my mind the whole time and made me feel like that?

The urgent knock on my door ceased my punching the wall of my bedroom. Without waiting for permission to enter the door was kicked open and Charly invaded in the room.

"Yeah, come in please." I teased him listlessly, feeling my whole body deprived of tension. He had the ability to do that to me.

"What happened Scarlett?" he exclaimed ignoring my comment. Sock was starkly drawed on his features. His ginger hair were messy and his olive-green eyes wide open. Charly was my brother, well my brother in heart; we had agreed on that.

"Not something important." I smiled, a fake smile that wouldn't fool anyone, let alone Charly.

With huge steps he reached me, wrapping his muscular arms around my shoulders. His warm body made all of my defenses bend down. My vision -once again- went blurry; this time I wasn't fainting, this time there were... tears? I thought I had forgotten how to cry a long time ago.

"No... no, don't cry, sis! Talk to me... please!"

He helped me down on my bed, which was always neat and clean, since I rarely slept in there. He didn't press on me, he just slipped his arm over my shoulders, waiting until I was ready to speak.

"L-lately" I stammered, hating myself for that "I am having so so much nightmares, I evoke things that rather remained buried, forgotten. It's his fault!" I broke up, hiding my face on his chest. Charly just caressed my hair, hushing me.

"Calm down, Red, relax. Who's fault is it, tell me?"

Once again I examined his tall and muscular frame, the firm characteristics. He looked just like a fighter -I didn't- but his interior, his interior resembled a goldmine. If I could trust someone, that someone was Charly.

"Look.. there's that guy, Dylan; he is not... treating me like the others, he won't give up, he craves to know things about me. T-the other time he almost achieved it; I was weak, I always am when he's near. I hate it. He's in ny mind more that anyone. Do you copy?" the words were rushed, it felt strange to talk about him.

Charly was sitting still staring at me, his lips sluggishly creating a smile. He shuffled my hair with his fist laughing. "That's all?" he inquired, obviously not waiting for an answer. "Your in love, Little Red, and from what you just told me, Dylan is in love too!"

"Bullshit." I only managed to utter.

"Okay, will you bet against it? If you win, I'll buy you that car you wanted and if I do win, you'll go to visit her; Charlotte." My heart skirted at that. "Are you in?"

I blinked for some minutes at his stretched hand, before shaking it with a smirk "I'm in bro!"