CHAPTER 20

My heart raced inside my chest, like mad, causing my whole body to tremble in anxiety. It was going to work. It had to!

Jumping up and down, I exhaled fast, waiting for my name to be announced. And it was, and briskly I was in the ring, facing him once again. Dylan. His blue eyes sparkling in excitement. Marilyn was a genius and probably far far away now, as well as Charlie!

I've found that locker underneath the fighting ring, during my strolling around the old building. I've studied the net of small corridors below the warehouse years ago, when I was just twelve. I've Ben brought Marilyn down there! She was a genius!

The bell rang and Dylan attacked, just the way we had planned it. His punch was blocked by my hand, our glances meeting, an iverwelming feeling flooding my body. Oh, those eyes!

Backing off, three steps only, he attempted another attack, and this time, placing my foot over his, I made him lose balance. Our fingers entwined as we banged down on the floor, exactly over the old secret door, which cracked. The wooden planks broke underneath our weight, and we found ourselves falling into the darkness. Dylan's back finally crashing onto the cold cement of the underground corridors.

Rolling over him, I jolted up, offering him my hand. With a small smirk, he weaved his fingers around mine, jumping up as well. Instantly, I shut my eyes evoking the map of this underworld.

"This way." I whispered dragging him with me as I darted ahead, turning on the first left turn.

Over us the noise of the socked crowd could be heard. We had five minutes till the news reached Boss. Seven until he sent someone after us.

My feet were already aching after two turns, possibly because of the fall and I could hear Dylan padding.

"A-are you okay?" I managed to ask, pulling him to a tight turn.

"Fine, tiger cub. You?" He said softly, his thumb stroking my hand.

"Kind of nervous."

Surprisingly he laughed, my grip tightening around his. The darkness was too thick for my liking and I only moved this quick because I had memorized even how many steps were between each turn.

"Time is up." Dylan beemed, checking his phone, making the hair on my arms stand up still. "Boss now knows!"

"We're almost there!" I murmured, taking one last turn to my right. Straightening my arms, I searched for a door. Relieved to find the covered in spider-nets doorknob. "Locked." I granted under my breath.

"Let me." Dylan gently pushed me aside, wrapping his hands around the knob. The sickening creak of it being ripped off, caused me to freeze in place for a second. The door opened soundly, allowing some moonlight in.

Turning at each other, our gazes met once again, my arms being swiftly placed around Dylan's shoulders on a tight hug.

"Tiger cub..." He whispered, placing his thumb under my eye where a small droplet ran. "It is okay. Shhh, we made it. It's okay."

My chest was roughly rocking, not enough air reaching my lungs. I couldn't help the sobbing, the tears, the tremor of my limps. It couldn't have been that easy. No. Something must've been wrong.

"Scarlett..." Dylan's beautiful voice echoed inside my head. "You are having a panic attack for no reason, tiger cub!"

"I-I can't breathe..." I chocked.

Smiling he bent over me, brushing his lips against mine for a second before, passionately kissing me. I could feel my heartbeat slowing down as our lips moved in sync against one another.

"I love you, Scarlett." He mumbled, placing one more kiss on my lips.

"I am quite sure I do love you too!" I mocked.