CHAPTER 11

Marilyn straightened my velvet white bunny-ears on my head, caressed the red curls she had styled my hair into and smiled, pleased with her art-work. "You are so beautiful, Scarlett! Dylan will have a heartache when he sees you!"

The plain smirk covering my face till then instantly disappeared at the mention of him. Probably Dimitri was now exhausting him into practise, like we have agreed, so that he wouldn't attend the ball. It was just too dangerous. "I guess so." I muttered, trying to hide my frustration behind a chuckle, yet my attempt failed miserably.

"What happened now?" Marilyn groaned, running her hands over the angel-wings placed on her back, before folding them on her chest like a grounded child.

I just shook my head, smiling again. "Oh, nothing really. I just have a mere track... you know with Dylan and all these."

Marilyn froze on her tracks grinning encouragingly "You are the hottest bunny walking this globe, bitch!"

"And you the most mesmerizing angel!"

Happy from my comment she giggled, rushing to the double doors at the end of the corridor. I paced quicker to keep up with her and noticed that as she pushed the doors open, her fingers were trembling. And she noticed too.

"What's wrong, Marilyn?" I mingled my eyebrows, holding her hand into mine.

"Just cold!" she laughed shrugging and opened the doors, entering the crazy mass of people, dragging me after her. "Go find Dylan; I heard he is dressed as a prince!" And with that she let her arm slip out of mine and disappeared into the colorful crowd.

"Wait, Marilyn..." I yelled, panicking, but she was already gone. "Shit!"

The disco lights were disorienting me and the loud club music was making my head throb, causing my steps to be unstable and lost. Where should I go now? Dylan, hopefully, wouldn't be here. So where should I go?

The sudden splash of an arm on my face made me wince and take some steps back dizzy, as I glared at the graceless girl dancing like an idiot next to me. Hips crushing on my legs like wrecking balls led me through sweaty bodies at the dance floor. Cursing through clenched teeth, I spinned around, storming to the direction I deemed the door was. This time it was a muscled body that stopped me. The tall guy wrapped his strong arms around me, just when I lifted my head up to stare at him. My blurry vision, confused by the swrivelling colours, changing from darkness to light swiftly, hardly discerned the face. Dark brown hair falling gently over his eyes, which I couldn't observe under the swapping hues and shades. And there onto his head was a crown.

Dylan?! No way!

"We have to talk." he mouthed, not attempting to shout with all this noise around him. I simply nodded, managing to close my mouth shut.

What. was. he. doing. here?

Following him through the jungle of feathers, glitter, leather and wigs, I found myself outside the school-building, at the backyard. Breathing in slowly the fresh air, I pouded. "What are you doing here, Dylan?" I barked to him, who was still having his back turned on me.

"I was going to ask you the same." the brunette man spelled, rotating on his heels. My heart stopped. The sparkling blue eyes I was expecting to see appeared now black, like the midnight sky, and the once deep brown hair, were chestnut, now that I could eye them clearly. How could I have mistaken him for Dylan? "Remember me?" the stranger laughed, briskly approaching me and slowly stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"Robyn." I hissed, narrowing my eyes.

"Correct." he laughed, thrusting me against the building's wall, making my head bang against the concrete. "You see, your dear daddy send me. To find that guy... Dylan was it? Don't make it hard for me, okay?"

Soothing down my heartbeat, I ascended my gaze to look him right in the eye. How stupid I was! I banned Dylan from coming here, so that he wouldn't be at stake, yet allowed myself to come here, putting his life at greater stake.

"I can wait. But... well, let's just say, I'm not a very patient person."

"I don't know."

"What?"

"I don't know where he is." I repeated, highlighting the words, my eyes not leaving his.

He rolled his eyes, grabbing my shoulders and pushing me harder against the wall. "You know me, Scarlett. I'm not one to play games with."

"Oh, I know, trust me. Yet... what are you doing if I do not cooperate? Kill me?" I challenged him, propping my chin out at him.

His rough hand now, moved to my neck, easily wrapping his fingers around it. "You will have an awful time, Red, if you do not cooperate!" he growled, faking a scared grimance at Red.

"Fuck y-"

Urgent footsteps cut off my up coming lecture and shortly after a blonde girl -covered in white feather- appeared, letting out a scream when she saw us; Marilyn.

Really now?!

"What are you doing there?! Let her go, bastard!" she shrieked, rushing to our place.

Swiftly, Robyn pulled a gun out, pointing it to Marilyn, causing me to gasp now. "Oh, look, Red, an angel came for you!" he mocked, triggering the gun, as he turned towards Marilyn, removing his hand from my neck and leaving me collapse on the ground. "I always wanted to fuck out an angel!"

"She has nothing to do with it!" I pleaded, trying to get up on my feet. "Just let her go..."

"Just let her go..." he mimicked, laughing at how feeble and intimidated my voice sounded. "Come here, angel." he gestured to Marilyn, who proudly walked to his place, her eyes reflecting no fear at all. "Mind sharing your name with us?"

"Marilyn." she snapped, ignoring the handgun in his arm.

"Oh, lovely..., lovely!" he whispered as if to himself. "And could you, if you of course care for your sake, inform us about Dylan?"

Marilyn pinned her eyes on his and raised her eyebrows innocently "I know of no Dylan." she simply lied.

"I see." Robyn bit his down lip, squeezing the gun on her temple, running his index finger over her lips. "And I know of no Marilyn!" he then whispered in her ear, causing her to shudder.

"Let her go and I'll tell you." I begged once again, pressing against the wall to stand still.

"Too late!"

"Exactly, too late!"

My eyes immediately shoot to the source of the oh-so familiar husky voice, meeting with those sea-blue eyes, I hoped wouldn't have to encounter tonight.

It was Dylan.