Change Part 3

As the guard escorted me into the ballroom, I was shocked by the crowds of people and the beauty this room possessed.  My senses were in overdrive and the first thing I bolted for was the food.  I was so famished and felt like I had not eaten in days.  Since I am a hybrid, I can survive both on blood and human food.  I could not tell you how much I actually ate because it felt like I downed all this food in a matter of seconds.  I was just about to start a third helping (I think) when Dracula's wife approached me from the side.

"Amelia, your father would like to see you.  He is waiting for you by the stage."

As I made my way up to the stage, I started to panic, something was not right.  My mind was telling me to be on alert at all times and my heart was telling me to do the right thing, whatever it was it was going to be bad.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please.  Thank you all for coming tonight and becoming part of history.  I would like to formally introduce you all to my daughter, Amelia.  Your new Countess."

As I curtsied to all in the ballroom, I could tell my father was not finished with his speech.  

"Thank you all for accepting her into our culture, I have been looking for her for a very long time.  With that, I would like to tell you all that I am complete now, but sadly I am not.  My wife and I have decided let we would like to have children of our own, little vampires."

As the crowd rejoiced, I realized this was a room full of vampires, no humans.  He could not be serious?  What about the agreement amongst him and the town folk?  Only feeding once a month, if there were vampire offspring involved, they would have to feed regularly, like everyday.  As I looked at him, he could tell I had questions.

"I know what most of you must be thinking, what about the agreement with the towns people?  Well, my children will have to feed and they will have to get used to being the meal."

The anger was building inside of me, I thought I was going to explode.  I knew something bad was going to happen.  That son of a bitch.  Everyone was right, he was evil.  I will be damned if the people were going to pay for his selfish act.  I walked away attempting to calm myself down. But then I looked up and I saw a full moon...

 But then I looked up and I saw a full moon