Chapter Two

Tamera's POV

It's been a week since I've last seen Gabriella. She hasn't been answering my calls or texts and when I go by her apartment she nor Marcus never answers. I know somethings up because she always answers her phone and the door.

I finish up in the shower and wrap a towel around my body. I walk into my bedroom and seen Damien laid across the bed watching TV.

"Baby, have you spoken to Gab?" I questioned walking towards my walk-in closet.

"No, I was gonna ask you about that. I went to her house the other day because she wants me to start helping her work out, but she never answered the door." He replied following me into the closet.

I put on my panties and bra and dropped my towel searching for what I was going to wear, "I'm going over there today to see what's up because this isn't like her." I can't help but to be worried about my best friend. Especially because she's with a stupid ass motherfucker, I've never liked Marcus since day one and I've always told her that she needs to leave his ugly ass.

He just rubs me the wrong way and he always has, "What if Marcus did something to her?" I asked.

"He's not fucking stupid. I'd kick his ass in a heartbeat and so would Allanso and Zackary. Babe, calm down okay? We're gonna go over there and see if something's wrong. Finish getting dressed so we can leave." He kissed my forehead and left. I sigh. God I hope my best friend is okay.

Gabriella's POV
I look at my face and sigh. Even makeup isn't covering my bruised cheek. Marcus knew to not hit me in my face so that people don't suspect anything, so he must've been extremely mad if he hit me in my face.

I don't know why I'm still here. He's asleep in the room right now so I should just pack up my things and go.

Yet here I am. Still unpacked and undecided on if I should stay or not. I heard a knock on the front door—scratch that, more like pounding. I hurriedly got up and went to the front door. I hope whoever it is stops hitting the door because if Marcus wakes up that's another ass whooping I'll receive.

I peep through the peep hole and seen Tamera, Rosie, Jonathan, and their boyfriends with them. I sigh. I can't deal with this today, especially not with Marcus here because they hate him. Especially Tam.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

Dammit. I have to open the door or Marcus will wake up. I hesitantly unlock and open the door. I open it a little crack and poked my face through the door, "What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"No! Why the fuck haven't you been answering your calls or opening the door when we come by?" Tamera yelled in my face.

"I've been busy." I replied. The looks on their faces were of disbelief because they know that I'm never busy unless it has to do with work. But I've been off of work for a week because the elementary school has bad water so the school is shut down until further notice.

"Bitch let us in. Why you blocking the door like a damn bouncer?" Jonathan said pushing against the door. I tried fighting against him, but his ass is strong. They all walked in and sat down on the couch. I nervously glance down the hall praying that Marcus stays asleep while they're here.

"Where Marcus tired out ass at?" Tam asked.

"He's sleep so please keep it down." I pleaded.

"Girl ain't nobody worried about Marcus but you. What were you doing before we got here?" Rosie asked me.

I sigh, "Nothing much. Just a little cleaning up." I lied. More like cleaning up my wounds that I've received over the past week.

"We'll go get dressed we're going to go grab a bite to eat and maybe catch a movie or something." Damien said walking out the kitchen with a sandwich and a soda.