Elves and Fairies

“Elves?” these aren’t the elves that Disney taught me about. In fact, if it weren’t for the silver hair and the pointy ears they wouldn’t seem strange at all. I click my tongue, “I’m not the smartest cookie but if Elves exist would they all be carbon copies of each other?”

One out of three of the serene faces cracks, the elf in the  middle’s lips thins out considerably and she hisses “Bitch.”

I’m slightly offended and I huff, “I’m not a female dog at all.”

“Ki,” Alex wraps his hand around my wrist, bends down slightly and rests his soft lips against my ear, “elves aren’t the friendliest beings. Play nice ok? I need one more fuck of you before you die.”

I don’t gasp or clutch my pearls, but my skin heats up and I bite back and embarrassed smile. This is what I have to do because I don’t know exactly how I’m supposed to respond to an insult/cuddy buddy request.

“Besides,” Alex says in a much louder voice when he pulls away and flashes the three elves a million dollar watt smile, “They’re appearance isn’t real. I can see through their glamour. Em what’s going on?”

Em, who also happens the be the name caller tucks a quickly changing strand of blond hair behind her ear and gives Alex a slow smile as her height decreases dramatically by two feet, “Our court doesn’t care for this type of treatment of their kind Alexander, but we make exceptions for you and your father.”

The two elves on both sides of her mimic her change in appearance and though they’ve lost what makes them look human, their four feet, glimmer exterior and icy eyes make them so much more beautiful. It’s amazing how beautiful they are. It actually hurts. I touch my dirty hair and wince feeling very unbeautiful.

Alex strides ahead of me with a hand behind his neck and his fingers scratching at his nape, he clears his throat and I notice the sly look and the quick sweep of Stella’s hand as it swipes against his crotch, “Yes well…that’s all in the past right ?”

I roll my eyes, “You gotta be kidding me. You screwed her too?”

This guys crotch is all over the place.

Emelia’s blood red lips part slightly and she retracts her hand, “His father is better. We’ve never met a man like him…so enthralling, right girls?” her band of cronies sigh and clutch at the neck of their blouses as if they can’t breathe.

“Right,” Alex nods, “of course. Love a guy who has you to change your appearance on will every other day for his perverse enjoyment.”

“Hmm…” Emelia sidles up to Alex and stands on the tip of her toes in what would have been an otherwise comical feat and slides at long blood red nail against his neck, “I remember you begging me to imitate an African American woman, with skin as dark as hers I believe.”

“Hey!”

“Er…so Emelia can you do me a favor and show Kila where all the chicky showery stuff is and then show her to the shower room?”

I can tell from the way that Emelia cuts her eyes at me that she doesn’t like me very much, but I want her to know that I don’t give two fucks. Elf or not. A shadow blurs my vision for a moment, I shake my head and my lips curl, “So prostitutes are readily available in your world too? How much do you charge?”

Right on time a thin string of silver light quickly spurts from the palm of her hand and wraps around my throat. Emelia smirks and waves her palm from side to side; my body mimics her motion and I hold onto whatever this thing is wrapped around my throat that’s choking the breath out of me. My fingers claw at the material, its warm and pulsing and cinches in with each kick of my legs. It’s not so fun being up in the air holding on to my throat and thrashing around. I realize that Emelia isn’t an elf to mess with albeit a little too late.