Chapter Fifteen

A week and a half later

Daryl's Pov

I stared at the necklace in my hand. To think she couldn't be saved..  I heard footsteps behind me but I didn't move.

They got closer. My eyes never left the necklace. The boy they brought from town sat in front of me bound up.  I was giving him a small break from beating his stupid face in.

He looked at the necklace with horror. "That's.." I looked up at him with an angry look. "What? It's what?"  He gulped. "Raven's."

-

"Daryl!"

I recognized the voice but didn't stop.  I had a knife to this kids thoat.  "How did you know her!"

Firm hands yanked me back.  I looked back with anger in my eyes at Rick and Shane.  They held me back from the idiot. "How did you know her!?!"

Rick sharply whispered in my ear. "You don't wanna do this Daryl." I glared at him.  "The hell do you know?!"  He looked me dead in the eyes. "I know one thing for damn sure."

"Oh what is that? Huh?"  His expression, that stern look, it all faded into a calm one.

"Raven is alive."

-
"The hell you say? The little girl said she watched-" 
-
"No. She's back. At the house."
-
"You're.. Your lying.."
-

He smiled at me. "How many squirrels you wanna bet that on?"

I gulped. "Take me to her."

He nodded and they let me go. We ran up to the house.  Maggie and Glenn walked out of the room. Raven's room.

Rick opened the door slowly.  My anxiety kicked in as he walked in ahead of me.  I took a second to gather myself, before walking in.

Sophia was sitting on her left side, Glenn and T-Dog on her right. Her skin was paler than ever before. There was a cut on her left cheek, and a huge bandage on her right forearm. The thing that scared me, her eyes were closed.

Sophia smiled at me, grabbing my hand and taking me by the hand and leading me to Raven's side.  I stared down at her beautiful face.  Rick whistled and everyone left.

--

Raven's Pov

"So where you from?"  I spit in his face. "I ain't telling you shit." He punched me in the face. It went on for days. They asked me questions, abusing me when I didn't answer.

That didn't change a damn thing. I was abused all my worthless life.
-
I smiled at Randall. He was the only guy here that watched out for me. Letting me know the questions and protecting her.  He wasn't like them.

There was a weak spot in their camp. One of them was scared.  I ran with my hands tied behind my back at him, headbutting him in the stomach as hard as I could.

He fell back and I turned, kicking the next guy in the head with a roundhouse kick.  I ducked under a punch from Tony and dove towards him, breaking a guys leg.

They stabbed me in the leg with a small knife, so I grabbed it and quickly cut my ties, cutting Tony's arm and bolting. I quickly busted open the gate that held back walkers and wall ran so I could grab a pipe. One of the guys grabbed my leg but I kicked him in the face. He groaned as he fell and then screamed as he saw the walkers getting in, one of them grabbing his leg.

I turned and saw Sophia, her arm bitten. She smiled up at me

-

I shot up outta bed gasping. My eyes trained on the curtain in front of me.  My eyes narrowed in confusion, felling something grip my hand, but tighter.  I looked down and saw little Sophia.

Her head rested on my bed.  I smiled at her.  "There it is."  My head shot to my right side, seeing Daryl leaned up against the wall, a smile on his face.

I looked down at Soph, then back at Daryl. "How long was I.."  He looked down. "Two days."  My slightly closed in realisation, but they trailed down to his hands, they shot open. "What happened to your hands?"

He looked down and slightly scared for a second. "I.."  I moved my hand, causing Soph to stir.  I moved my legs so they were facing Dsryl, but when I tried to stand, they gave out and I fell forward.

Lucky for me, Daryl was there to catch me. He smiled down at me. "Are ya falling for me that hard?"  I chuckled and smacked his arm but winced, looking down at my hand, then wrist. The bandage began to grow bloody.

I wimpered.  Daryl's eyes narrowed. "Hershel!"  Moments later, Hershel came in murmuring something. "Why isn't she in bed?"  I smirked. "I wanted to say hello to my friend  floor but Daryl got jealous."

They both sighed, Daryl put me in the bed and Hershel restitched my arm. That hurt like a son of a bitch!

When he was done, he told Daryl to keep me in bed. I smirked. "Imma make your life a living hell."  He chuckled but stopped when seeing my face turn cold.

"They are going to kill Randall. Aren't they.."  He sighed. "Raven I-"  "Can I see him.. Before?"  Daryl nodded and walked over to the bed, holding out a hand so I could get up.

I took his hand slowly, lifting myself up, wincing but standing. Everything was ok, but I stumbled and ended up against his chest.  He smirked, looking down at me. I smirked back. "You keep smirking and it's going to become your permanent expression."

He narrowed his eyes and I pushed off his chest, limping towards the door. By the time we got to the barn, I was able to walk holding in the pain.

When I walked inside, and saw that rag on his eyes, I chuckled.  "You always were the weak one, weren't you Randall."  His whole body jerked up. I walked over and pulled the tape off his mouth and cloth off his eyes.

His eyes lit up. "Raven!" I hugged him, sitting on his lap after hurting my leg tryna get up.  I rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm so glad you made it out. I tried to find you after I found Soph.. But you were no where to be found."

He chuckled. "I looked for you too. When that guy had your necklace.. I-I-I coulda sworn that you.. That you were dead. I-"  I smacked him in the head. "Calm down buddy. I'm here."

"Raven.. They gonna kill me."  I looked over at Daryl. His eyes were hungry and angry, but I don't know why.. He was fine before.  I looked back at Randall.

"No one's gonna hurtcha buddy. Not while I'm around."  He looked over at Daryl with that look that Shane gives everyone.  "What about him?"

"Daryl? He wouldn't.."  I looked back at Daryl, his eyes then his hands.  He clenched his fists.  I sighed. "Daryl won't lay a finger on you." I glared at Daryl and he avoided my gaze.

I hugged Randall again.  "I have to go sort somethings out. I'll be back. Ok?"

"Ok."