Chapter 1: Emergencies

Madelyn.

I sat on the couch with my phone in hand, waiting for his reply.

"What would you like for lunch?" Tricia's voice caught my attention.

"Whatever you're making is fine," I said politely. Right now I was so thankful to have her in my life. She was so sweet and kind and treated me like I was one of her own daughters...which I experienced everyday considering I spent a lot of time with Waliyha and Saffa.

"I know you're probably craving something..." Tricia stood behind the couch. She saw my phone in my hand and said, "He misses you so much."

"He doesn't say it very often," I told her.

"Well, he might not, but when I speak on the phone with him, it sure sounds like he does. Now, how about you come help me in the kitchen, yeah? We can put together anything."

"Sounds good," I got up and hobbled over to the kitchen.

Tricia pulled out some soft taco shells, beef, cheese, butter, and refried beans.

"YES! You always make those the best," I told her. She was making quesadillas which were my favorite.

My phone vibrated.

That one's okay. How about...Addisyn?

I texted right back before going to help fry the quesadillas on the stove.

Ehh. I don't really like it..how about Rebekah?

I had only just started cooking when he texted back.

Definite no. I still really like the name Elle (:

I replied one-handed, Elle Malik. Yeah, I still like it too.

Okay, well nothing's official but I think Elle is the best name xx

Tricia spoke over the sound of the food frying, "Anything new?"

"Just going over girl names," I said.

"Have you decided?"

"We both like Elle."

"Elle Malik. That has a nice ring...what about the middle name?"

"I like Renee, but I don't know how he feels about it."

"There's still plenty of time," I saw the smile slowly form on her face.

Yeah, me too. What's going on over there?

It took a minute for him to reply, Sorry, babes I've got to go :( only two weeks though :) Xx

I locked my phone and put it on the counter. Whatever...

Lunch was delicious, as always. Tricia discussed trying to throw a small baby shower for me. 

"I think I'll go check the mail," Tricia said, cleaning off the dining room table. I brought my plate to the sink then headed for the couch again as Tricia closed the front door behind her. I felt a sharp pain in my plump stomach and knew something was wrong. 

I slowly made my way to the nearest bathroom. I let out a cry of pain as blood stained my sweat pants. This was not supposed to happen, I'm sure. Hot, sticky blood ran down my lower body. Why was there so much? The pain increased and I cried out for the girls.

"Waliyha! Saffa!" I yelled, craking open the bathroom door just a bit.

I heard their footsteps come running down the hall, "Abbie?!"

"What's wrong?" Both of their heads came into view.

"Don't look! Please go get your mother, its an emergency!"

"Where is she?" Waliyha asked.

"She's checking the mail!"

They ran off and I waited. Tricia came back and barged right in to the bathroom.

"Oh, my...c'mon. Let's get you to the car. I'm taking you to the emergency room," she grabbed a towel off the rack and handed it to me. "Waliyha, grab my keys. Safaa I need you to get Abbie's shoes."

She guided me to the front door and out of the house to her car. Safaa came out of the house with a pair of my flip flops in hand, and Waliyha locked the door and brought us the keys. They jumped into the back while I was in the passenger's seat. I sat there, wiping up some of the blood with the towel, but it kept coming. I was so scared and had no idea what was going on. I just prayed the whole way to the hospital that nothing had gone wrong...