Chapter 5: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Zayn held my hand all the way to the airport and inside, waiting on his flight back. They still had a few shows left, but he would be back to me next week.

"You're so beautiful, don't forget that while I'm gone, okay?" he pressed his forehead to mine.

We sat in the chairs, Tricia was silent and so were the girls. She told me she hated telling him goodbye every single time.

"I'll try, but I like you reminding me."

He breathed a laugh and pulled out his phone.

"Take a picture with me," he tapped the camera button and I smiled. At the last second, he turned my face to his and we locked lips; I heard the camera take the picture.

Even though my hair was tied up in a bun and I was wearing sweats, I still loved it. I was kissing with my eyes closed, but Zayn's were open and looking at the camera in a playful way. (for those who watch teen wolf, you know what I'm talking about. When Scott and Alison are in the photobooth)

"One more, just smile," he kissed my smiling cheek and took another picture, "Yep. That's going on Twitter."

I got a notification on my phone and unlocked it to see Zayn's tweet.

@zaynmalik: still strong and smiling. love you so much (: xx

While I was on Twitter, I decided to catch up since I hadn't gotten on much recently. I never looked at my mentions except for maybe a few because usually they just brought me down. I went onto Zayn's profile and checked his recent tweets.

@zaynmalik: everything happens for a reason x

@zaynmalik: if everyone would send your thoughts and prayers to the lovely @abbie__xx thatd be great. tough times...

He leaned over, "You're not stalking me are you?"

I shook my head and composed a new tweet.

@abbie__xx: Thank you to everyone who prayed for me. It means a lot x

"Attention! Flight 403 is now boarding!"

We stood up and all walked over to the boarding area where tickets were checked. Zayn handed the lady his ticket and passport and turned to me. He grabbed me by the waist and embraced me in a tight hug.

"I'll text you as much as I can," he murmered.

"I love you," my words were muffled by his shoulder.

"I love you, too," he pulled his head away and slowly kissed my cheek. He bit his lip and stared at mine before quickly kissing them and releasing me from his grasp. Zayn hugged his mum and sisters and collected his ticket and passport from the lady at the desk. Before he turned to go on the jet bridge, he took one last glance and mouthed, "One week."

He gave a half-hearted smile then turned his back.