Chapter 6: A Sea of Faces

The whole week was hell. I would be able to hold up the entire day, but when everyone else was fast asleep, I would hurt so bad. Emotionally. I cried myself to sleep for seven days straight. Then, I realized that Zayn was my rock. The day after the miscarriage, he was there and I was fine. I guess I was stronger when he was around. Without him, though. I was a wreck and I hated every single second of it. I know in time I will heal from all of this and learn to stand on my own, but now, all I have is Zayn holding me up.

He texted as much as he could, but he would have to go at random times, usually in the middle of a conversation. My background was the picture we took at the airport, the one he didn't post for millions of people to see. I would stare at it for long periods of time because it made me smile.

Waliyha and Saffa kept me company a lot of the time. We played board games and took Boris for walks. It felt good to get out and have fresh air in my lungs. I considered them my sisters and Tricia my mum. She was so encouraging and comforting, she reminded me of Zayn.

~

I had made it. A week had passed and Tricia had woken me up to get ready to pick up Zayn. When I crossed the hall to freshen up in the loo, I heard her on the phone. I let the cold water run over my body and get my blood pumping. My hair fell out in loose waves and I decided to wear the pink and grey jumper that Zayn got me with a pair of dark skinny jeans; I was not going to be wearing sweats in public as much anymore since I could fit back into my old clothes. I chose a pair of grey Supras and a glittery pink headband just to add some sparkle to my outfit. Tricia made bacon and eggs for breakfast and I was anxious to leave.

"Waliyha, feed Boris, please," Tricia called from the kitchen. I was in there with her, cleaning up the dishes to make the chore go by faster.

"I appreciate you helping me, Abbie," Tricia had a huge smile on her face. I guess it was because Zayn would be on break now because their world tour was over.

"It no problem," I said, closing the dishwasher.

After a few minutes of Tricia saying, "Make sure to brush your teeth!" to the girls, we loaded up in the car and left for the airport.

When we got their, we had to wait. I couldn't sit down so I went to the loo and checked my makeup. When I decided that my face looked okay, I checked my hair and brushed my fingers through a few strands.

When I came out, the first thing I noticed is that there were people everywhere. That meant that their plane must have landed on time. I pushed past people to get back to where Tricia was. On my way there, I spotted a familiar blonde head.

"Niall!" I waved.

He spotted me and waved back eagerly, but kept pushing his luggage cart to the snack vending machines. I thought about going over to him, but I learned my lesson a long time ago not to mess with Niall and his food. Plus, I didn't want to get lost in this crowd.

I saw Liam and Harry also, both pushing their own luggage carts, and we all waved at each other, Louis and Zayn were no where in sight. I looked over to the jet bridge, but saw no familiar faces come out.

A voice cleared behind me.

"Abbie?"

I turned around and had to look down because he was on one knee. A little black box in his hands was held open towards me, a huge princess-cut diamond ring in its contents.

Zayn spoke in the most clear and passionate voice ever' looking me directly in the eye with a look I had never seen before. One of pure love.

"Will you marry me?"

------------------------------------------------------

This is the end :(

Maybe a sequel? Let me know what you think (:

Comment, vote, fan <3