"Give It A Try" (LAMP Ending)

Roman sat in the mind palace living room. Peter Pan played on the television though the prince was hardly paid any attention. He was staring into space. Not really thinking of anything or trying to focus. He was started as a book slammed down in front of him. Looking up, Roman locked eyes with Logan, Patton standing behind him with a smile.

"Logan, hey. What are you doing here?" Roman stood and dusted his pants. Looking around he noticed there was one other person standing in the room. Virgil stood in the hall entrance with his hood up and face lowered. "What's going on?"

"Are you doing alright kiddo?" Patton walked past Logan and took Roman's hand in his. Roman smiled but still looked defeated. "I'm just worried."

"Yeah." Roman took one hand out of Patton's and rubbed the back of his neck. "I've just been a bit out of it lately. What's going on you guys?"

Logan stepped forward, fixing his glasses. "We felt it appropriate for us to have a talk." Roman looked away a little embarrassed. "It's been almost a month now and not a lot has changed.?"

"Look I know this seems bad," Roman tried to argue, slumping down onto the couch. Patton ran over and grabbed Virgil, pulling him over and sitting him next to Roman. Logan took a seat in his arm chair as Patton pulled up his bean-bag chair across from them.

"Do we really have to do this?" Virgil ask, pulling his hood down and crossing his arms. Logan grabbed the remote and turned the a television off, not bothering to pause the movie.

"Yes we do." he replied blankly, setting the remote down.

"Logan and I thought of something. But it's not something you have to do." Patton said with a strained smile.

"We've spoken to Virgil, and now we are speaking with you." Logan added.

Roman looked between them all. confused and slightly anxious. "What are you guys talking about?" Virgil sighed and sat forward.

"They want us to join their relationship." Roman looked at the father and teacher with a skeptical look. "Yeah, that was my reaction too." Virgil said quietly, curling his legs up on the couch.

"But," Roman shook his head. "how does that work? Wouldn't that be like cheating?" he asked. Patton smiled and placed his hand over Roman's.

"Not really, we'd all be dating. So we'd be a big couple or a few." Patton's smile grew and Logan groaned a little.

"Polyamory." Logan caught everyone's attention. "It's obvious to everyone that we all have feelings for more than one of us. It's a logical solution to avoid conflict between us in the future."

Virgil turned to look at Patton. "Dad how can you be okay with this? You'd have the share Logan. Doesn't that hurt you?"

"Not really. I mean yes I won't get as much time with him as I do now. But I'd get more time with all of you. And you know I'm all for sharing." Patton smiled, releasing Roman's hand and placing the other in Logan's. Logan held it softly, but still firm.

"I don't think this is-" Virgil started.

"Okay." Roman said quickly, smiling. "I don't mind trying it." Virgil looked at him in shock, but quickly brushed it off

"Roman, what the hell? How can you possibly be alright with any of this?"

"Because I'd be lying if I said it wasn't true." Virge was taken back. "Besides, I'm the creative side. I will try anything at least once."

The three started to stare, waiting for the darker to give them an answer. After a few moments of silence, Virgil stood from the couch and walked over to the kitchen. The other's followed after, not saying anything or stopping him. He plugged the sink and filled it with cold water, puzzling them all. That is, until he threw his head, face first, into the water.

"Virgil!" Roman yelled. Patton sprung forward and puled him back. Virgil took a gasp of breath and shivered a little from how cold the water was. Logan handed him the towel that was hanging on the oven door, which he accepted quickly and wiped his face and hair.

"Fine..." he muffled his response with a towel. It seemed to be effective because the other's didn't hear him. "Fine." he said louder, pulling the towel off his face. "Let's give it a shot."

"Oh I'm so happy kiddo!" Patton squealed, but stopped returning to a normal smile. "I guess I can't call you that anymore." he said hugging Virgil tightly.

The darker trait rolled his eyes but smiled and hugged Patton back lightly. "And I guess Dad's out the window." he added.

"Not entirely." Logan muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm glad to hear your answer Virgil." Logan said quickly. Virgil glared for a moment, but dropped it.

Roman smiled and wrapped his arms around Patton and Virgil. "You're still cold and wet." he whispered. Anxiety just laughed. The three looked over at Logan and all had the same look on their faces.

"No." Logan said trying to walk away. Patton grabbed his shirt and tugged him into the hug. "Please no, please no." he repeated as the other's wrapped their arms around him. After a moment or two of struggling, Logan finally relaxed. He was smiling and returned the hugs. "Fine!" He conceded.