The 25th Annual Hunger Games

The Promise Breaker

I gathered the snow in the small bowl and then sunk it back into the ground. I ripped out some more snow and quickly ran back to my house. I studied all of the houses and all of them were empty. Except for one. Mine. I am Leena Schore, AKA the girl that won the 24th Hunger Games. I was the first victor in District 9. I returned home and put the snow down on the island in the kitchen. Then as I began to walk out the door my sister bumped into me.

Astrid. The girl the Capital adored besides me. They adore her because I said I won the games for her. It wasn't a lie. I loved her with all my heart and she helped me win. My cuts were stitched together by her. My scars healed by her. She was my everything. She held a basket with a blanket on top of the hidden things in it. I put a smirk on my face and dug my hand in there. She swung it away from me and smiled.

"Not for you! This stuff is for me!" She spat playfully.

I smiled and bent down and looked into it. She kept trying to keep it away from me but I always met face to face with it. Then finally I ripped the blanket off. I gasped and looked up at her. She sighed and covered it back up. Then she told me to zip my lips. I pretended to zip them and then locked them with a key. She smiled and giggled.

"Where did you get it?" I asked curiously.

"I found it in the woods. It was all alone shaking and it was practically bleeding to death," she explained.

"Can I name it!"

"No! I don't even know if I am going to keep it! Just don't tell mom!"

How could I not tell mom that Astrid found a baby kitten!! It was so soft and fluffy. I began to pet it and I smiled. Then Astrid looked behind her. Then looked back at me. She raised one eyebrow. In our family, we can do it without any troubles. People say it's my signature in the Capital.

"And where exactly were you going?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

I blushed and said, "I was just going outside... Is that wrong...?"

Astrid laughed and rolled her eyes playfully. She walked out of the doorway and ran upstairs. I smiled and sprinted outside, out of victors village. I went back onto my old street. I went back to the house I lived in before I moved to Victors Village. I saw a family pack all of these boxes into the house. I sighed with all of the beautiful memories there.

I saw the small burn mark on the roof. I remember that... It was my 11th birthday and when I was blowing out my candles my birthday hat caught on fire. I accidentally set the roof on fire. I know, weird, how did it get on the roof? Don't ask me, I was 11. Then something handsome spotted my eyes. I leaned forward and squinted. I saw a boy.

He had dark brown chocolate hair and sea blue eyes. I think I drooled a little. Then I heard a crack. I looked down and next thing I knew I was tumbling down the hill. I fell right in front of his feet. I blushed and quickly jumped up. He grinned at me and I just stood there looking like an idiot. He moved his mouth, but I didn't hear anything. I just stared. He held out his hand I still stood there.

"Uh, what!?" I stammered.

He chuckled.

"I said, hi I am Cole. And I am pretty sure you are Leena Schore," he said with his dreamy eyes.

"Yea, how did you kn-"

"I was routing for you for the games. Everyone knows you. You are famous pretty much," he said looking deep deep into my brown eyes.

I smiled and just stood there.

"Well, I have to go. We should meet up again. Bye, Leena," he said brushing his lips against my cheek planting a kiss.

I just smiled like a idiot and stared. He laughed and continued packing the boxes. Then I snapped out of it. No! Not after what happened with Sage and Winter... I promised myself I would never EVER fall in love again. Maybe, I should break that promise... Wait, should I?

~*~*~*~*~*~

OMG HI GUYS :D

It has returned!!

Book 2!!!

I really hope you enjoy but just to let you know this is not and I repeat NOT the first chapter

This is the introduction!!!!

Well I hope you enjoyed it and I have butt-loads of chapters ready for you to read!!

Okay well I love you all so much!!

Tootles!!

-Skykar78/87