Chapter 4 - Excuses, Excuses...

Chapter 4

Excuses, Excuses...

Well I had to finish the tour in a wheelchair... and the doctors say that my bone won't heal until about 5 weeks or so. I moaned as we came to a screeching stop. Home at last... District 9. I took my crutches and wobbled out of the train. Penetra offered to walk me home but I refused.

I began walking stumbling around, not used to the crutches, and eventually about to break my body. I tripped on a large log and headed towards the ground. I prepared my scream but I felt no pain. I opened my eyes and looked up. It was Cole. I blushed and got back on my feet.

"Are you okay?" he asked chuckling.

"Yea, I am fine," I said sighing.

He sighed and looked at my foot. Then his eyes lit up.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" he panicked.

I nodded with a grin on my face.

"Yea I am fine."

"So what about the games?" he asked.

From my big grin into a giant frown. The games!?? Maybe they will cut me some slack... I gulped and smiled again. I hugged Cole. He kissed my head and smiled. I like him... He would keep me alive in the games. I know he would...

~*~*~*~*~*~

"No excuses, Ms. Schore!" President Rose laughed. "Do you really think I will let you off the hook with such a silly excuse?"

I broke my leg. What else do I need to break to not go into the games, my face?!!?! Well with my clumsiness that might happen...

"But President Rose, I can't fight or run like this," I explained pointing to my foot.

He rolled his red rat eyes and sighed. He turned around and walked towards a small red button. He pressed it with his index finger and began mumbling into it. You heard a small buzz back with more mumbling. I sighed impatiently and frustrated. He turned back to me and came close to my face. I gulped and stood my ground.

"Meet here tomorrow in the morning at 12:30 sharp. I can help you," he said simply.

I paused before walking out. I turned to him looked at him strong.

"What's the catch?"

"No catch, but a condition. Once I help you, you shall compete in the 25th Annual Hunger Games," he sad sternly.

I nodded slowly and wobbled out. Then I heard his cracked voice say, "I don't make exceptions, Ms. Schore. Don't try to pull anything on me. All you have are excuses and excuses."