Chapter 4

Lindy's POV

I grab my clothes and walk towards the bathroom.

I turn the shower on, take my clothes off, and get in the shower. The warm water feels good on my skin. It's relaxing.

A few minuets later, I wash the rest of the soap out of my hair and turn the shower off. I grab a towel and dry myself.

I can hear Nash and Carter talking but I can't make out what they are saying.

After I get dressed, I open the door.

"I'm gonna ask her out." A voice says.

My heart drops. Who was that? I think it was Nash. Wait, I don't know Nash a lot. I don't even know his last name! How can I go out with him?!

I mean he's cute and all but I don't like him like that. I like Carter.

Wait, did I just say I like Carter?

"Yes, you did." A voice in my head says.

But how can I have feelings for someone who I've known for a day?

I decide to think about this later. I walk over to my bag and pull out a brush. I try to not make it obvious that I overhead them.

"So, uh, what are we doing today?" I try to make conversation as I brush my hair.

"Not sure. Maybe we can go to an amusement park." Carter suggests.

"Yeah. I'll tell the boys." Nash walks out of the room and shuts the door.

There is a long moment of silence before I start talking.

"So, are you scared of roller coasters?" I put my brush down.

"Pshh no way. I'm a man. I'm not scared of anything." He waves me off.

"Really? Because I- BOO!" I scream in the middle of my sentence.

Carter jumps off the bed and screams with me.

"Ok. Maybe I am scared of some stuff." He laughs and I do the same.

"Payback time." He gives me a serious but funny smile.

"Wait! I don't-" Carter grabs me by the waist, picks me up, and sets me down on the bed.

"Payback's a bitch." He starts tickling my waist and stomach.

"W-wait! S-s-stop! I can't b-breath!" I laugh hysterically. I try pushing him off of me but he only tickles me more.

"Ok. I think you learned your lesson now." I sit up and he sits beside me on the bed.

I catch my breath and look over at him. His dark brown eyes look into my light brown eyes.

His eyes flicker to my lips and back up to my eyes.

I start to lean in and so does he.He puts his hand up to my cheek.

We are about an inch away from each other. I take a deep breath.

We are about to kiss when the door opens.

I push Carter away and sit normal.

Nash stands in the doorway.

"Common guys. Let's go to the amusement park!" He rushes out the door.

"So uh, I guess we should go." Carter scratches the back of his neck.

"Uh, yeah." We don't make eye contact.

I grab my phone and walk out the door. Carter follows behind me.

Once we are outside, we all pile into the RV.

Since Carter and I were the last ones in, we had to sit next to each other.

"Everybody ready?" Cameron calls out from the drivers seat.

There are echoes of "yeah" and "yup" from the back.

We drive for about 15 minuets and then we stop.

"Let's go!" Shawn jumps out of his seat and so does everybody else.

We all arrive to the front and get out tickets.

"Let's go on the zipper!" Aaron says.

The zipper looks like a chainsaw. It spins around and your cart spins around with it.

"Um, why don't we go on the big slide." I start walking towards the slides.

Someone grabs my arm and gently pulls me back. "It'll be ok." Matt gives me a warm smile.

Since each cart holds two people, all of us paired up and one had to go alone.

Matt and I paired up and got into a cart together.

I squeeze my eyes shut and grip on to the bars that are in front of me.

I feel warmth on my right hand. I look over and see that Matt is holding my hand. He smiles at me. My body relaxes as the ride starts.

"This isn't too bad." I say.

The ride starts and our cart stays still. Then the ride starts to spin around. Our cart goes upside down and we spin over and over again.

"Shit." I whisper. I'm terrified. I think I feel breakfast coming up.

"AHHHH this is so fun!" Matt screams out.

"No it's fucking not." I laugh.

"Oh my god!" Matt's face was priceless at this moment.

The ride slows to a stop and we are let out of out cart.

"That, was, awesome!" I say between breaths.

Everyone else is getting let off one at a time. I watch as Carter laughs with Jack J.

"So, you wanna be my ride buddy?" He laughs.

"Sure." I giggle.

"What ride do you want to go on next?" Matt looks around.

"How about the Ferris wheel?" I suggest. It's not as scary as the zipper.

"Common." We give out tickets to the man and get in a booth.

"This is relaxing." I take a deep breath. It smells fresh up here.

"It is." Matt agrees. "So while we're up here, tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'm an only child. So I'm not good with people. My parents are divorced too. They split up about 2 years ago, when I was 16. Right around my birthday." I take a deep breath. "It was hard for me for a while. But I got used to moving around."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Matt looks down.

"It's not your fault. Let's just enjoy the ride." I laugh.

We start talking about him and his life. He's really an interesting person. He likes to be creative and he's so funny. He makes me smile.

----------------------------------------------A/N

Hey guys! So this chapter is where the loveeee come in! Carter and Lindy start to have feelings for each other. So please leave suggestions for me! Also save this to your library and like! Thanks! -A