"you look like a wreck"

Jade

After school, Jayden and I drive down to the hospital.  We get in the elevator, and the nurses let us in her room.  They know who we are after Frankie's mom told them to always let us in.

We walk in the room and I laugh.

"Is this some kind of sick joke, you look like a wreck!"

"Love you too, Jade.  I think thats part of cancers favorite thing to do next to a slow painful death.  It loves to make us look like a pile of shit."

I look at her like "how could you even joke about this", and Jay snorts.

"See at least someone can still laugh at times like this" she says.

That's when she passes out cold, and the nurse tells us she had a rough day.  She says that she wmost likely wont be able to wake up for the next few days of her chemo, which is good in the sense that she wont feel the pain.

Jay walks over, and sits down next to her.  He takes her hand in his and starts talking.

"So i know you

"Hey.  So I dont think you can hear me, but I"ll tell you what happened anyways.  So I did my item on the list, and let me tell you the coniption that went on.  So after I said what I said, Aubree started a rumor about me, saying that she fucked me and dumped me because I suck in bed."

He laughs at this part for a good minute.

"Between you and me, I rock in bed.  Anyways, I dont give a shit, and after I heard the rumor and told her that, she just click clacked away in her shiny little red heels.  So you won't be waking up for a bit i heard, but ill just talk to you anyways."

And thats what he does.  For the next hour, my brother is just sitting there talking to Frankie.

When we leave, he rubs her hand, and kisses her on the forehead.

"You really like her dont you.  Its not just about getting her in bed."

"No it isnt, ever since I came back, I feel a strong connection to her.  I think I might be falling for her."

I smile at his words and just nod my head.