Chapter 5

"Oh my god!" She ran over to me after I had sped into the lab and collapsed. "Are you okay?" She knelt down next to me. 

I looked at her with a confused but stern look. I started getting up "leave me alone" I said finally getting fully up and walking off. 

I couldn't believe what happened. Part of me wanted her to come after me but the other half me wanted space right now. I need to go talk to her. She had just seen me get my ass handed to me she needs to now that I am okay. Something inside me wanted to go find that thing that neat him and throw a bolt of  lightning at that son of a bitch. But instead I went to my apartment Cait had a key I hoped she used it. 

I sped there and unlocked the door. I grabbed my PJs and put them on and went to brush my teeth. I came out of the bathroom half naked and the toothbrush sticking out of my mouth. I saw Caitlin standing in the door frame. 

"Hey" I said pulling the tooth brush out of my mouth. I was kinda shocked she came. 

"I need to use the bathroom." She said pointing to the bathroom behind me. 

"Oh yeah sorry" I say moving out of her way.

She walked into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. I deserved that but she showed up I can make this right. I walked over to the bed and laid down. I pulled out my phone but looked up as soon as the bathroom door opened. I tried to look away but she looked so cute in that black tank top. Her shorts loosely hanging on her hips. I threw my head back and laughed and she threw up and eyebrow and a questioning look. 

"What?" She asked looking so concerned. 

"Nothing. I just love you. and I am so so sorry about tonight and I wanna talk about it with you. Come here." I smiled and lightly motioned her over. She sat next to me and I pulled her close to me. "So wanna talk about it." I asked smiling.

"Sure" She said quietly. 

"What is your favorite color?" I whispered seductively into her ear. 

"You are such an idiot!" She pushed me over and continued talking. "What happened out there Barry? You had her she is a horrible villain and you let her go and then when I try to help you, you storm off."

"I'm sorry. Before the coma she... she was my girlfriend and I couldn't treat her like a criminal." I said looking down. 

"Oh Barry I'm so sorry you had to go through that but you are going to have to deal with stuff like that every day. Do you understand? And you have to let me help you no matter what you are my love and my best friend and need you to let me patch you up when you fall physically and emotionally. Okay?"

"Okay." I sighed and took a deep breath I wanted to remember this moment forever. 

She curled up into my arms and we fell asleep.