I Miss You - Jacklyn

(I'm listening to their cover of I Miss You and have some feels)

"I miss you," Brooklyn said to the screen of his phone, Jack's beautiful face was covering it. God, he'd missed this guy. They'd only been apart for three days - they'd all gone home for the week - but it was the first time they'd been apart since they got together. It seemed harder to leave each other this time than it had been in the past.

"I miss you too, Brookie," he said softly, he smiled at his boyfriend and Brook swore that his heart skipped a beat.

They were utterly and completely in love. They'd been together for a few months, and decided they'd keep it a secret from the other three, but were too "cute and loveydovey," (in the words of Rye) and they got caught out after about a week.

"I miss you more," Brooklyn mumbled, a smile plastered on his face. He'd almost been dreading coming home because he knew he wouldn't be able to see Jack. Facetime was good but he missed the feeling of his boyfriend in his arms.

"No, I miss you more," Jack argued, a matching smile across his lips. He knew it'd be hard to be away from Brooklyn, but he was really missing him and his hugs and his voice, he needed to hear him properly, and not through the shitty speakers of his almost-broken phone.

But Jack wasn't 100% happy about the situation, as he still hadn't told his family. Brooklyn's family had found out a couple months ago, and they were all thrilled to find out the news, but what if Jack's family were different? What if they didn't want to see him again because of it? Brooklyn ensured him that no matter what happened, he'd always be there for him and if he needed him to, he'd be on the next flight to Dublin to see the love of his life.

"I almost told my mam before," Jack said softly, avoiding Brooklyn's gaze.

"Yeah? What happened?" Jack could hear the smile in Brook's voice. He wasn't annoyed that he didn't tell her, he wasn't upset, he was happy that he almost told her. That was a big step.

"There was two guys on TV holding hands and she said they were cute, and I very nearly almost said, 'me and Brook are way cuter,' but I couldn't."

He laughed, and Jack finally looked at the screen. "We would definitely be cuter, there's no doubt about that," he smiled, "we're the cutest, right?"

"Absolutely," Jack smiled, wishing he'd just said it earlier. "You know what? Stay there," he said and stood up from his bed, taking Brooklyn with him into the living room.

"Mam?"

"Yeah, babe?"

"I need to tell you something," he said, and out of the corner of his eye, saw Brooklyn cover his mouth in shock.

"What is it?" she smiled, setting her drink down and patting the seat beside her on the couch.

He sat down and took a deep breath, "i'm with someone..."

"Really?" she smiled, "who is it!? How long for? Are they nice? Do I know them?" she asked all at once and then apologised for all the questions, saying, "sorry, go on..."

Jack swallowed, looking down at his phone. Brooklyn smiled at him, making a heart with his hands before giving him a thumbs up. Jack nodded and slowly handed the phone to his mam, "i'm on facetime to them right now."

"Brooklyn!" her face lit up, "hi, how are you? How's your time at home been so far, are you enjoying it?"

After a few minutes, she handed his phone back, "i always thought Brooklyn was cute."

"So you don't mind?"

"Of course not! It gives you an excuse to invite him over next time you come home," she smiled, hugging him tightly.

"I love you mam," he said with a smile.

She kissed his head, "i love you too."

"You're so cute," Brooklyn teased, seeing everything.