Chapter Three - A Little Game (SaiMatsu Chapter)

Shuichi Saihara's Point of View
- - -
"So, what now?" Kaede asks as she tilts her head a little.
Shuichi blinks. "Um... We...could play a game?"
Kaede blinks and smiles. She then taps Shuichi and runs. "You're it, then!"
"H-Hey!" Shuichi quickly staggers after her. He chases Kaede around the room. Finally, he manages to tap the blonde...only to immediately collapse, panting.
"E-eh! Shuichi?"
"I-I'm okay... J-just...out of...breath..." Shuichi pants, looking up at Kaede.
"Oh..." Kaede gives a nervous laugh. "Sorry..."
"I-it's fine..." Shuichi finally manages to sit up after catching his breath.
"We could play a different game... How about twenty questions? I already have a good idea!"
"Sounds good to me..." Shuichi chuckles. "Alright... Is it alive?"
"Yes!"
"Is it a person?"
"Yes!"
"Are they female?"
"Nope!"
     "Male?"
     "Yes!"
     After a few more questions...
     "...is it...m-me?" Shuichi stammers, blushing a bit.
     Kaede giggles. "Yes!" She smiles. "I should have known that you would've guess, though. You are the Ultimate Detective!"
     "...aw, come on... I'm not that good..."
     Kaede's expression changes to a serious one. "No! Shuichi, you're an awesome detective!" she says. She goes to him and places her hands on his shoulders. Shuichi almost jumps. "Never, ever say that about yourself! You're smart, and you figure everything out! You're the greatest detective in the world!"
     Shuichi blushes, looking Kaede in the eye. "T-thanks..."
     Kaede smiles and nods, before pulling him into a hug. Shuichi blushes and hugs back.