The Humiliation

Just like I said in my description, I made this story on another website called Archive of Our own (if you guys are wondering). I already finished this book, but I have a sequel that I'm trying hard to work on. I'll just upload the entire story here. Hope you like it. 

________________________________________________________________________________

(Marinette's P.O.V)

"Marinette! Wake up, you're going to be late for school." I groan and open my eyes. I look at my clock and see that school is going to start in 10 minutes. I bolt out of bed and quickly get dressed.

"Tikki! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" The Ladybug like kwami flies in my face. She giggles at my unluckiness.

"Sorry, Marinette. You're just a really deep sleeper." I sigh and put on my purse. Tikki flies inside as I head downstairs.

"Morning Maman. I'll see you after school." I secretly grab some cookies for Tikki.

"Good morning Marinette. Have a fun day at school." I quickly run downstairs to see Papa in the bakery.

"Morning Papa. See you later!" Then I run out of the bakery and towards the school. Luckily, I make it to school before the bell rings. I sit down next to Alya out of breath.

"Hey, Mari. Made it just in time." I chuckle nervously at her remark. Then out of the corner of my eye, I see Nino and Adrien come in. "Oooo....Watch out love bird coming in." I shove Alya gently and she just laughs. Adrien looks up and smiles at me and Alya.

"Morning Alya." Alya giggles as she smiles as Adrien.

"Morning Adrien. How was the photoshoot yesterday?" Adrien sighs. It was such a cute sigh. Then I sigh myself.

"Terrible and exhausting. It rained yesterday, so I got all wet." It was supposed to rain too. And being such a clumsy person, I forgot it. I remember the first time I met Adrien, he gave me his umbrella. Then I see Alya waving her hand at me.

"Earth to Mari. Earth to Mari." I shake my head.

"Sorry, I just had my hair in the clouds." Adrien smiles at me and my heart jumps into my throat.

"Good Morning Marinette." He smiles at me and I just melt. Alya elbows me in the ribs and I give a yelp of pain.

"G-G-Good m-m-morning A-Adrien." Adrien laughs and it was music to my ears. I sigh as the Madame Bustier walks in. After taking notes for an almost an hour and listening to the same voice over and over, the break finally comes. I put my head down and sigh. "Ugh....Alya, why can't I just tell him how I feel?" Alya laughs at my misery.

"Becuase you'll start to stutter and lose your grip on reality." I groan and Alya laughs again. She pats my head. "Don't worry. One day, you'll actually tell him how you really feel." I look up and Alya smiles at me.

"You really believe that?" She nods and again pats my head.

"Of Course. You are my best friend." I smile and hug Alya. She hugs me back then a voice ruins the moment.

"That is just pathetic. Of course, she doesn't care about you Maritrash. She doesn't care if you get together with my Adrikins. Just watch Marinette. Adrien will forget all about you when he and I are dating. Your poor little heart will break into a million pieces." I really can't stand Chloe. She was always trying to get on my nerves, but I couldn't let that get to me.

"You don't know how I feel about Mari? I would never want to hurt Marinette. She is my best friend. Why would I want Adrien to end up with a heartless bastard like you? Adrien would be much happier with Marinette than you." I blush at the last sentence. I know Alya means every word, but I was still embarrassed.