Chapter: 12

~Gray POV~ ~During the war 'flash back'~

I was waiting for our leader to give us orders on what to do next. I am really missing Lucy I hope she is okay. I just finished writing to her for this fortnight. I closed up the letter inside the envelope and headed to find our post bag which all of us soldiers out our letters for our family and friends. As soon as I was about to put the letter in the bag, someone bombed us. I fell over earning a cut on my face and my ears ringing. I quickly put the letter in the bag and got up. Once I was up and balanced, I ran to where I last had put my shotgun so then I could protect myself from the enemies. As soon as I found my shotgun, I went to help others that were injured from the bomb. I looked around for people that need my help. When I got to the area that was bombed the enemies started to fire their guns at me. I ducked for cover to shield myself from being shot. I needed to make it home to Lucy or who knows what she will do to herself. I got into a good position to fire my bullets at them but also be sort off safe from the incoming ones. I heard screams of pain coming from somewhere, which meant more people being killed or injured. Someone from the other side came over and hit me over the head in till everything went black. I didn't know how long I was out for all I know was that the enemy kidnapped me and tried to get information about our side on what our weakness are. They would try to beat me up every single day to get the info out of me. Believe me it killed the pain but the only thing that made me keeping going on was me thinking of Lucy she really my life I can't live without her and she needs me to come back home. A couple weeks later someone from my side find me and came to help me. She screamed at the others to pick me up and bring to the medical centre. When we got there, they had to send me home to get better help because I was in that bad of shape. The next day they send me to the hospital back home. I told my commander not to tell Lucy that I was home because of the shape I was in, I didn't want her to worry even more. I spend a couple weeks in the hospital in till they told me that I could go home...