Ch. 8 Pause

When I woke up I wasn't in much pain, but a headache was coming on. I looked around and saw a man sleeping on the couch with his head leaning back.

"Who the hell are you?!" I semi yelled and he woke up scrubbing his eyes at me.

I realized it was Sean; I sighed of relief.

"What are you doing here?" I tried to sit up and he moved over to me helping me up on the pillows.

"I'm checking on you." He said moving a piece of hair out of my face.

"Why?" He shot me a look and I realized that was a stupid question.

"You didn't do this because of me did you?" He asked with his head down.

"Sean of course not. I was really conflicted last night. I was crying and I just veered off on the other side of the road. The doctor said I-"

"I know. She told me when I came here." He said taking my right hand in his.

"Thank you for that."

"For what?"

"For being here with me it means a lot." I smiled a small smile at him and he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

He sat back down and looked at the celling.

"Are you hungry cause this hospital shit looks nasty?"

"Starving." I said with a laugh."Where are you going?"

"Jack in the box."

"Okay. I want a bacon burger, 10 chicken nuggets, and a medium fry. With a lemonade, regular. Please." I smiled at him and he nodded.

"Alright I'll be back in a few." He grabbed his keys and left.

I grabbed my phone and started going scrolling through the notifications. I had 124 messages and none of them were from Drake. What the hell. He always calls me or text me after he leaves. This isn't the first time he said he had to go help his mom.

I just hope he's really with her and not trying to get away from me. Eapecally right not would be a really fucked up time to do so. I called him and it went straight to voice mail. I rolled my eyes and searched him on blogging sights. The world knew about what happened to me and how he wasn't there, but they don't know where he is.

The stories were saying that there's trouble in paradise so bad he couldn't even show up to support me in this. This isn't true cause we aren't really having problems right now. Other than the Sean thing that is. I sighed and put my phone down; my head started to hurt.

There was a familiar knock on the door so I said "Come in."

It was August, Chris, and Trey. They had balloons, cards, flowers, and a cake.

"Hey guys." I smiled at them.

"What's up baybeh?" August said trying to hug me, but Chris stoped him.

"Go to the other side man." He informed him so he didnt hit my broken arm.

"Oh yeah." He laughed and walked to the other side bed and we hugged.

"How ya feeling?" Chris asked with a bright smile.

"Okay enough." I shrugged and sighed. "Can one of you guys hit the light?"

"Yeah." Trey hit the light and sat the cake on the table.

"Thanks. Nearly every sorce of light makes my head hurt horribly. This concussion sucks."

"Yeah I'm sorry this happened to you."

"So the broken limbs don't?" Chris crossed his arms over his chest.

"Not really I've broken both before."

"Oh for real?" Trey asked sitting in the couch in the corner.

"Yeah let's just say I was a adventurous kid."

"Who's Namiko with?"

"Tamrie. She says she wants to care for her cause she wants a kid." August informed us.

"I never thought tamrie would want a kid." I scrunched up my nose and August laughed.

"That's all she's been talking about these past two months. Girl where have you been."

"Pretty busy."

"With Drake?" Trey teased.

"Speaking of him where is he?" Chris chimed in.

Uhh I really wanted to talk about something else at this point.

" I don't know." I shrugged and they all did a double take.

"You don't know!" They all said shockingly in unison.

"How the hell do you not know where he is?" August asked looking at me skeptically.

"He left earlier yesterday he said he needed to help his mom with something. He left the message with Nicki he didn't tell me. He also didn't call me."

"Must be real important." Chris said slugging himself down next to Trey.

"Well I'd be bammed if I left randomly and didn't tell Nicki where I was going. She'd have me in a body bag by the end of the night." We laughed at Trey, but it was partially true.

"We wanna help you though." Chris sat up and I waved him off.

"I'm good. I can manage."

"Jhene no you can't." Trey said looking at me side ways. "Your gonna be in a wheelchair when you get outta here."

"Who told you that?" I scrunched my face at him and his eyebrows raised.

"Your doctor told Sean that this morning. You'll need that for a minuet until your healed enough to do physical therapy." Chris said carefully.

"Ugh." I groaned and laid back on my pillows. "I had do much planned too."

"Looks like your life will be on pause for a minute." August said patting my sholder.

"I just got out of that phase too." I sighed.

"You won't be back in it well help you as much as we can do you can do what you gotta do." Trey said and August and Chris nodded in agreement.

"You guys don't have to do that its not your responsibly its mine."

"Jhene your not getting outta this so stop protesting." Chris said shrugging his sarcastic shrug at me.

I averted my eyes to the ball behind August.

"Remember were only torturing you cause we love you." Trey came over to hug me along with the others and they went to leave.

"Gosh your girlfriend has really rubbed off on you." I joked and they laughed, before closing the door behind them.