Chapter 13. Moving is Overrared

Get away from it all no one knows where we're hiding,
Come on baby girl the water's fine just dive in,
Ain't a dream so open your eyes, we're just living in paradise,

------------------

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

My thoughts slowly returned to normal, and I could think. Wait, what the hell happened? One minute ago I was drowning at the bottom of the fucking ocean!

''Marie?'' I heard a voice ask. I tried to open my eyes and see who it was, but it was like my eyelids weighed three tons. I kept trying, anxious to know who was beside me.

''Marie?'' the same voice asked again. I kept trying, but I just couldn't get them open.

I felt someone carefully grab hold of my hand. It was nice, like I was somehow safer.

The Hands thump rubbed my hand, letting me know the person was there. I just wish I knew who it was. Maybe I didn't even know if it was some killer or something.

Somehow I knew it was someone I cared for. I recognized the voice. It was nice, soothing.

''Marie?'' the voice asked again. This time the voice sadder, hopeless. I wanted to show I could hear them.

I tried to move. I didn't care what it would be, maybe open an eye, or more a leg, I don't care!

''Please'' the voice whispered. It was defiantly a male. It was too dark to be a female.

I tried and tried. After a while, I finally moved my hand he was holding. It moved a little, but after that I was too exhausted for anything else.

I could feel my heart beet fast, after using all my energy.

''You moved, oh god you moved!'' he exclaimed excited. I felt him let go, and I suddenly felt vulnerable again.

''She moved!'' I heard him yell, but he was farther away.

I wish I could do more than move a fucking finger, you know, like talk, walk.

I heard people usher quickly into the room. I felt my blood pump, hoping it was nice people. Woah, my thoughts are childish.

''Marie, can you hear me?!'' someone exclaimed close to me. How the hell was I supposed to answer?

''If you can hear me, make a sign!'' the same person yelled, putting something around my arm.

People were talking medical, and I was trying to understand them, wanting to know what was wrong with me. It was hopeless.

I felt a stinging pain in my right arm, and I wish I could move my arm. Before I knew it, everything was dark...

Again...

--------------------

Another short chapter, but I'm sitting in school now, sooo... Please comment and vote if you like it!
XxElissa