Chapter 1. Summer You'll Never Forget

Some people all about the dolla bill,

It's quite a shame that ain't really how you oughta feel,

It's all the same, every day, how you gotta deal,

With all the pain,but in time it is gonna heal,

--------------------

''Marie, your cousin is here'' my mom yelled upstairs. I groaned and sniffed again. I put the cookie dough ice cream on my nightstand and blew my red nose.

''Forever'' the guy on TV said, and I shook my head frantically. They never mean it. Not on TV either. He will probably dump her, or just go cheat, while he has her trust. Break her heart.

''He's lying!'' I yelled at the TV, waving my spoon at it. I watched as they kissed, and shook my head disappointed.

''He's just gonna break your heart'' I sighed and leaned back in my bed.

I heard a knock and supposed it was my cousin.

''What?'' I yelled annoyed. All I wanted to do was watch Netflix, eat cookie dough and cry.

''Can I come in?'' Jack asked. I sighed.

''Okay, Johnson'' I muffled, having another mood swing. He came in slowly and saw my state.

''Marie, what happened?'' Jack asked and walked over quickly. I shook my head and paused the sappy love story.

''Nothing, I'm fine'' I smiled, trying to convince him. He saw straight through my fake smile.

''Who did this to you?'' he asked, death in his voice.

''I'm gonna kill whoever did this'' he said, trying to be the 'big guy'.

''It doesn't matter. What did you wanna say?'' I asked, changing the subject.

''Well, I wanted to ask if you wanted to come stay with me and my friend Jack in Omaha'' he smiled. Wait, his friends name is Jack too?

''You're both named Jack?'' I asked confused.

''Yeah, but his last name is Gilinsky'' (A/N: I'm sorry if some of you thought that her cousin was Gilinsky) Jack explained and I nodded.

''I don't know, Jack'' I said unsure.

''Come on, it will be fun!'' he smiled grabbing my hand.

''How long?'' I asked.

''For a couple weeks, your parents already said yes'' he smiled, convincing me.

''Okay'' I sighed.

''Wait, really?'' he asked smiling.

''How can I say no to that adorable face!'' I exclaimed, it was true. He had an adorable face. He smiled and made an even cuter face and we laughed.

''Well, I guess I'll see you soon!'' he smiled and got up.

''You sure will'' I chuckled, until I glanced at the TV. He got up and headed towards the, before stopping and turning around.

''I promise, you are gonna have the best summer ever.

---------------

So I hoped you liked it.

Xx Elissa