1

Waking up isn't easy nowadays.

Especially, waking up from tears.

It's time to start anew, let us start our 8th Grade with a fresh smile.

Past is past, we don't need it anymore. We only need determination to succeed in the future. And it's starting today. I am starting it today.

This year is going to be different from last year. If last year was full of sad memories and tears, well this year is going to be bright and joyful.

I went to school with a smile and entered my new room. This is it. I am going to spend my 8th Grade right!

"Hey Ginger!" I saw two boys from the other section last year, wow, so they're now my classmates. I believe this is Stephen and Gerald.

Students begin to pour in the class. Some of my classmates before are still here but sure, there are many students from the other section are transferred here.

The 2nd section. The section in which less stress, but there's still an expectation from the teachers. Equal, balanced. Not too strong, not too weak. My kind of type in which I will learn easily.

First day in 8th grade was totally a blast. I met new students and became friends with them. Currently it's our lunch break and I am waiting for a jeepney to take me home but it seems all jeepneys are full today.

"Ginger?" I looked and it was Stephen. "Oh, hey!" I greeted him with a warm smile. "Goin' home?" he asked, "Yup, you too?" I asked back and he nodded.

Well, at least I've got some company.

Stephen does talk much. But sometimes, he's like a quiet little kitten. "Finally, a jeepney!" he exclaimed, "I think I'll be the first one to go?" I said. "Yes, I'll treat you with the fare then tomorrow, you'll treat me, deal?" he suddenly made a deal.

And oh, 3 weeks passed.

He started that contract in which everyday, when we ride our usual jeepney, he'll treat me with the fare and I'll do so the next day. It continued.

"Oh my gosh" I reacted. "Something wrong?" he suddenly asked. Where did you come from? Ugh. "Well, I-uh, I forgot my wallet at home, I think I can't treat you today" I said.

"Then let's make a deal!" he smiled widely, this guy never ends a day with him not smiling. Even if he's late, he'll be downright jolly. He's so positive in life.

I never thought he will be negative in one situation in his life. I never saw him cry or even mad. He's just smiling like that. Everyday. And it makes me want to smile, too.

"I'll treat you today but tomorrow and the other day, the fare's on you" he crossed his arms. "Alrighty" I agreed. "Let's go home? It seems our last subject teacher is really not going to attend class" he said, zipping his bag. "Okay then, wait for me" I said as I prepared my bag.

"You know, I have been experiencing this kind of disorder I think" he suddenly opened a topic which is not surprising at all. He does that all the time.

"What is it?" I asked curiously, "Insomnia" and I laughed hard, "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh" I covered my face because of that.

"What made you think you have this insomnia?" I continued the topic, "Don't you think you're just staying up late doing stuff or watching anime?" I asked once more.

"I don't think so" he answered. "Overthinking?"

"Nah, that ain't my stuff"

"Well, does it happen often?"