6

Vacation is finally here! So, I got nothing to do at home but just freaking wait for my birthday. I hope they surprise me. It's going to be fun if they do so.

Hey! Basketball at your birthday, me, mandy and calveen are gonna come. Let's go?

I looked at Gideon's message and since it was vacation, every wednesday of every week, the four of us will always play basketball near our house.

G. Let's go

Oh yeah, 3 days before my birthday. Are they really going to surprise me? Oh well. I don't want to get my hopes up but...

Maybe?

Then the next thing I knew, I'm finally getting ready for my birthday because we're going to play basketball. I went out from my house and started walking to the court when I freaking saw Gerald.

Huh? What is he doing here? And what is he holdi-- OH MY GOD?! A CAKE?!

"SUUUUURRRRRPPPRRRRIISSSSEEEEE!"

Half of the class surprised me. I don't know what to say. I'm just thanking them so much. Almost all of the boys are here too! They even brought 2 boxes of pizza and a cake for me!

So sweet!

We talked some more and I saw Stephen. I smiled at him while we we're talking and he smiled back. He might change but he's still the Stephen.

The Stephen who's a friend of mine. The Stephen who's funny and jolly. He's still the same.

"Happy Birthday" he whispered and I whispered back, thanks. I wonder what happened to him and Morisette? He's not chatting yet about it.

But anyhow, it's his life.

Then of course, finally.

Grade 9 Life.

"Hey" I looked and saw my brother, Gourd. "Hop in, I'll take you to school" and he smiled. Wow, new life? And now he's taking me to school, he usually doesn't do that.

Ah I know.

"You broke up with her?" I asked and he nodded quietly. "Tsk? Haha, it's just saying that you must take care of me first before anyone else" I smiled and he just laughed.

He takes me to school whenever he's heartbroken. Another drama king, Gourd.

So he took me to school and finally.

I went to my designated room and checked the master's list. Wow, not bad. Oh! Stephen's still here. And Mandy too! Oh heck, I became Section 1 after all. Oh great.

Just plainly great. *sighs*

I don't want to be a part of this section. It's full of expectations, stress and all the pressure. It's sickening! But still, I am going to enjoy this Grade 9 Life.

Can I really enjoy it?

"Gingy, what are we going to do?" I looked and saw Stephen, it's lunch break. "What do you mean?"

"Haven't you heard? The ways are changing. The routes are changing. They're going to make it a one way in your road. It's going to be a long walk" he said, "It's fine. It's still an exercise" I smiled.

Yeah, it is going to be a long walk because the jeepney changed routes.

"Are you really sure?" he asked, "I appreciate your concern but I'm going to be fine, let's go?" I asked and finally rode in the jeepney. It is going to be a long walk.

"See ya, Stephen" I smiled and got out from the jeepney. Wow, it is going to be a long walk.

While walking, I can't help but think about Stephen. It's not that I like him but... ugh, I don't know. It's something missing. Something's lacking. I don't know what but...