I Summon a Hammer (Correction: A Hammer Summons Me)

Mike is back, my obviously very bored friends. Now, where were we?

I stood there stunned then something hit me. “Okay, very funny, come on out with the hidden cameras!”

“What hidden cameras? This is all real, my son.”

“Yeah, sure it is. I’m the son of the all mighty Thor; I’m in the kingdom of ‘Asgard’, and my uncle’s Loki.” I looked up at him, and he was not laughing or even smiling. He just stood there glaring at me.

“What?” I asked, feeling slightly nervous. Even if he wasn’t the God of Thunder, he was big and could take me down easily.

“You are mocking me aren’t you?”

“What? No! You’re the almighty Lord of Thunder. I would never mock you.” This was partially true as I would NEVER and I mean NEVER disrespect the God of Thunder.

But he wasn’t the God of Thunder.

“You are mocking me.” He said, frowning. “No, wait, you think I’m mocking you.”

I blinked. Had he read my mind?

“No, that time I did not read your mind. I could tell from your tone of voice.”

Of course it was completely obvious. After all, my voice changes when I lie, mock, or anything like that. Wait, he said ‘that time’ hadn’t he. He could read minds?

“So you are really the god of thunder?”

“Yes.”

“And this isn’t a dream?”

“Yes.” 

“And I am your son and you’re not joking?”

“Yes.”

            He was so serious you could cut the tension with a knife. Unfortunately, I had no knife to cut with. Ha Ha!! Oh wait. No one else is laughing.

            “Holy Miojlnir!!”

            I, unfortunately, did not know that a hammer had a name. I had heard the expression as a child. HWIP!! I went straight across the room. BANG!! I hit a wall with that strange hammer in my hand.

            “Ouch!”

            “HA!”

            “What’s so funny?!”

            “You need more strength to summon Miojlnir!”

            I scowled.

            “What the heck is Miojlnir?”

            “What is Miojlnir!!!? Why it’s the hammer in your hand.”

            How obsessed was this guy? But then again he was the God of Thunder. Wasn’t he?