The return to the Northern Territories | Chapter I

Author's POV

After christmas Jack left Hope Valley and went back to the Northern Territories. On the way back he fell off the horse and another mountie who was leading a new division helped him.

-Thank for your help, I'm constable Jack Thornton.

-You're welcome Jack. I'm Michael Gleason, but you can call me Mike

-Where do you come from?

-I come from Cape Fullerton. What about you?

-I come from Hope Valley.

-I heard a lot about you like how you defeated the Toliver,Tate and Garrison gangs, you're a hero.

-I was just doing my job.

Jack mounted his horse and they continued their journey to the Northern Territories. Before sunset, Mike decided that it was time to start camping, and the next day, at sunrise, they would continue their journey to the Northern Territories. They went to look for firewood to build a campfire.Once they finished, they all went to sleep, while at least one mountie would stay awake to see if something happened, and if something did happen, he would wake all the mounties up.

As soon as the sun came out they mounted their horses, Jack couldn't stop thinking of Elizabeth and their life together. By midday they were one mile away from the mounties camp, where the mounties got ready for battle and where they were given proper weapons.

By noon they were leaving the mounties camp to fight the criminal gangs. Jack rode his horse till the sector which his division was covering. He found a widow with her son who had been shot on the foot. He got them on the horse and took them to the campsite. There, a nurse called Elizabeth. Just like his fiancee, and that hurted a lot. He missed her like crazy, but he had to be strong. The nurse told them that it wasn't too serious, and that was big relief for all all them. After the announcement Elizabeth took the bullet out and wrapped his foot with a bandage.

Later that day he got to catch his division who was fighting in the northern sector occupied by the gangs he saw the helper of the Tate's the one who was going to shoot him before Frank caught him. He had run away and now he had the chance of taking him to jail. Thinking of Hope Valley he thought of how was Gowen's trial going. He organized his division and caught five criminals but sadly two mounties were assassinated. Jack and some mounties carried the criminals in their horses and took the bodies of the two just murdered mounties.