A day full of surprises | Chapter VI

Cody's POV

I was walking with Elizabeth to school when I saw a dog running through the fields near the school, so I went running towards it. Then while I was getting closer I realised he was injured, so I asked Elizabeth if I could look for Faith or Carson because maybe they knew something to help the dog eventhough they aren't vets.

- Cody you go to the school. I'll look for Carson.- she told me.

- Okay - I told her.

Elizabeth's POV

I left Cody at school and told him to take the dog inside and tell the children that I would be delayed and that I would go as soon as I find Carson. I went to the Infirmary but,there wasn't anyone so I went to the Mercantile where I found Faith who was buying band aids because they were out in the Infirmary.

-Faith!- I called her.

- Oh, hi Elizabeth. Do you need something?- Faith said/

- Yes. When I was going to school Cody saw a dog that was injured and we wondered if you could heal him.

- Where is it?

- Cody took him to the school house.

- If you want I can take some things from the Infirmary and heal him there.

- Yes! That would be great.

Faith's POV

I went with Elizabth to the school and checked the dog, and realised that he wasn't injured it was a SHE, she was pregnant.

- Elizabeth it's a she, the dog is pregnant.- I told her.

- Really?- she asked me.

- Yes I think she is about to give birth.

- What can I do?- she asked.

- Get some towels, paper and a box where the puppies can stay once they are born.

- Faith I didn't Know you knew so much about animals, you studied?

- No, actually when I was younger my dog had puppies and we hadn't realised so we asked a vet what to do and he told us.

- Oh I didn't know.

We help the dog have it's puppies and 7 puppies were born. We took them to the Infimary and then we might take them to Abigail's who offered to keep them.

Cody's POV

I can't believe I saw the miracle of life it was so beautiful to see the puppies being born. I hope mom let's me keep them. After the puppies beeing born Elizabeth let us have the rest of the day for ourselves, she had been feeling dizzy so she went to the Infirmary and I acompanied her in case she past out, maybe couldn't do anything but I could call someone who could, after all I wanted to see the puppies again.

Elizabeth's POV

Once we arrived at the Infirmary Cody went with the puppies and Carson told me to lay down on the bed to make a check to see if I was okay or if maybe being with the puppies had gave me and alergy or something similar. Carson checked everything and said my body was fine but that he had noticed something.