Chapter 25

"Oh, Faith, you really shouldn't have!"

Melody had been scrubbing the floor of the attic after her shift when Faith came up the steps with a large box full of things to decorate the attic.

"I talked to the boss about decorating the attic, and he says it's okay to do whatever we'd like. So, I brought some paint, and some stuff that might be good for decoration. I'll bring furniture tomorrow," Faith said happily. Melody laughed. "I declare, Faith, you are something."

"That baby of yours is going to grow up in a nice home at the very least."

Faith gave Melody's stomach a pat before busying herself with pulling out cans of paint. Melody frowned at this.

"Faith, you don't have to disgrace yourself by hanging out with me. I'm not holding you to."

Faith looked up at her curiously.

"What makes you a disgrace?"

"I'm pregnant, as a teen, without a husband!"

"You're so nice though. You're the only person I know besides my boss that treats me like a regular human being instead of some freak. You're the only friend I've got."

"What makes people think you're a freak?"

Faith stood up, handing Melody a paintbrush. "That's a story for another time," she said with a smile. Then she gestured to the paint cans. "Pick a color."

"I like that pink color."

"What if your baby is a boy?"

"They'll have to suck it up."

"Why don't we separate a section of this attic for their room and paint it a neutral color?"

"Fine. I really like that yellow. That'll be the child's room."

With that, they set off to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newt came into Tina's room to find Tina packing her bags. He frowned with concern. "Where are you going?"

"I have a work obligation. I have to go visit the Ministry of Magic in England. I'll be leaving first thing tomorrow morning."

An idea popped into Newt's head.

"Um... I know someone who works at the Ministry..."

"Okay. Who?"

"Um... Theseus."

She stopped packing for a second, and Newt felt his ears turn red.

"I just really want to see him. Could you take me with you? How long are you going to be gone?"

"A week. I'm glad you're making an effort to get back in contact with him."

"Well, I got a letter from him a few weeks ago."

"Did you reply?"

Newt was too embarrassed to admit that he had been to scared and had no idea what to say, so he shook his head. Tina sighed, and Newt knew that she knew what he had been thinking.

"You can come. But I want you spending a lot of time with Theseus. He misses you."

She kissed him, and whispered in his ear, "I know its been hard. I'm so proud of you." Newt felt himself swell with pride and a huge dopey grin spread across his face. Tina gave him a playful punch before returning to packing. "When Melody gets home, make sure you talk to her. In the meantime, go pack." Newt nodded before turning to leave, a spring in his step.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Greetings Earthlings!

I hope you liked it! I know I've been updating a lot, but I can't help it. I got inspiration for something new in the story that I hope you will like and I can't wait to share it!

(That's kind of this whole fanfic. I had no idea what the plot was going to be when I first started. I just went with my gut.)

Anyways, leave a vote and I always love comments! 

Toodles!