Chapter 23

There was silence inside the Needle when they first landed and then Tomlinson put a hand on Harry's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Green Eyes," he murmured.

"Don't!" Harry flinched away from the comforting hand, wishing he could get completely away from his partner but that was impossible in the limited confines of the Needle. "Just... just get out of me," he blurted, trying to keep his emotions in check. "Just get out of me and leave me alone."

Silently, Tomlinson did as he asked, letting his large flaccid shaft slip from Harry's body in a slow, even slide. Harry winced in pain as the invader was withdrawn and tried to muffle a moan. For a moment it seemed as if Tomlinson was going to apologize again but the moment passed in silence as he climbed out of the Needle.

Harry climbed out after him, feeling like his legs didn't want to work right. He was in pain and all he wanted was to go back to his quarters, take a shower and go to bed. Alone. It was the same way he'd felt on his first night with Tomlinson —minus the searing pain, of course. The bitter irony nearly made him laugh —that he should feel the same way the first night and the last night of their partnership seemed too much. Because after tonight whatever he'd had with the tall, scarred Needler was oficially over, at least to Harry. He didn't have to wait another three weeks to dissolve their friendship. In his mind it had ended the moment Tomlinson had ordered him to spread his legs.

"Well, well, hail the conquering heroes." The smirking, sarcastic voice of Landrews was the last thing Harry wanted to hear. He looked up to see the slender gunner and his beefy pilot striding toward them in the echoing docking bay.

"I can't deal with this right now," he muttered but before he could get out of the way, Landrews and Sanderson were standing in front of them, blocking his way to the transport tube.

"Excellent flying." Sanderson clapped him on the shoulder and pumped Tomlinson hand enthusiastically. "Landrews and I were coming around the side of the moon and we saw it all."

"We thought you two were determined to go out in a blaze of glory." Landrews tittered annoyingly. "It seemed like a suicidal move —unless you had a perfect connection." His sharp amber eyes scanned Harry's naked body with interest, lingering longer than seemed necessary on his thighs. "So did you, Falcon?"

"That's none of your goddamn business," Tomlinson growled. His deep voice echoed in the cavernous space but Landrews apparently couldn't take a hint.

"Because I've never seen you fly like that before and believe me, Jon and I have been watching, haven't we, honey?" He elbowed Sanderson who nodded ponderously.

"So tell me, boy wonder," he said, eyeing Harry again. "Did you lose your cherry tonight fighting the big bad lobsters?"

"I said that's none of your fucking business!" Tomlinson's voice was a muted roar and he stepped forward, his hands balled into fists. "I'm warning you, Landrews, one more word and I'll rip your fucking head off."

"Hey, now-" Sanderson began, stepping between Tomlinson and his gunner, but Tomlinson simply pushed him out of the way, causing the beefy pilot to stumble and almost fall. Other Needlers were gathering now, coming foward to congratulate them, but none of them appeared willing to step into the growing conflict.