Chapter 13: First Roadblock

Rhen, Lars and Elini stopped and took a break under a shady tree in Land's End. It was a large plain. The lush green grass paved the whole area. There were sounds of birds' joyful chirping yet they couldn't be seen by the naked eyes, as if the chirping came straight from heaven. Rhen took a glimpse around and saw a small farm in a distance, she suggested that they could split up for a while and meet up at the same spot later. Elini agreed and went them off have a slow walk, while Lars went off, without even cared what Rhen was talking, to do some investigating on the wyverns and earth spirits in the area, especially his new-learnt Tornado spell which he had bought at the scroll shop he visited in Veldarah.

~~~

Rhen walked along the narrow passage that led to the farm. But she was stopped abruptly by a fierce dog. She kept a nice distance from the dog that bared its razor-sharp teeth and growled at her intimidatingly.

"Best I look for something to get its attention," said Rhen to herself followed by a defeated shrug, and turned back to the meeting point.

~~~

Elini was strolling along the river, enjoying the breath-taking scenery of the place. Waterfalls storming down and hit the rocks beneath it, creating splashes all over the water, ripples formed along with it. She looked around and noticed a grand temple at the corner of her eyes. Silence enveloped her as she went closer and closer towards the entrance of the temple.

"Well, would you look at this..." Elini picked up a bone at the staircase before heading into Harmony Temple, the name of the temple which which a signboard stated right outside of it.

She gasped at the horrible sight inside. A frozen figure stood in front of his throne. Elini could make out the face of the figure in a state of deep shock as it was facing directly towards the entrance.

"It seems that the intruder took his soul," the summoner presumed as she took a brief look at it. "I'd better inform the others what I've found."

With a few glances over her shoulders, Elini ran out of the temple, heading back to the meeting place.

~~~

"Winde Whip!"

"Squark!"

Lars was enjoying his torture session towards the creatures there with his new spells. As his training was about to come to an end, a flock of wyverns appeared, flapping their wings with power, above him, ready to strike as they charge straight at him with a sqwark. But Lars finished them off with his Tornado spell.

"Huh, piece of cake," snorted Lars while removing dusts on his hands. Then he came into a mutter, "Uh oh."

More and more wyverns and earth spirits spawning around him. So he pulled his legs and ran frantically until he saw a small cave few feet in front of him and hid into it. He let out a sigh of relief as the monsters had lost him.

"Wow," he whistled as he took a good view at the inside of the cavern. He noticed a sign that had the words in faded paint "Mt. Orion". He went in deeper and deeper till he arrived at a river. He tried to swim across it but the current was too strong for him to overcome. So he peered around instead and noticed a boat floating across the river. An altar stood not far from him as he was rummaging his mind on how to cross the river. He examined the altar and saw a metal plate with words carved on it.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

| For what you seek.  |

| This offer meet.       |

|Worthy for the gods. |

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I suspect that something must be placed on the altar to get to Mount Orion," mused Lars. Then he left and dashed back to the meeting place.