Chapter 15: Bloodsucker

The trio spent a night in the tavern again (but it's free-of-charge this time). They even bought some new supplies (for members only, of course): Garlic necklace, stake, new equipment for Elini and some food and drinks. After getting themselves ready, they went into Halloween Hill again, and this time they took Witch Broom Express and flew all the way to the village of Ghed'ahre (with a price, of course).

It's creepier than they had ever thought. Vampires (who were the village folks) wandering around. Some of them were selling junks like fresh blood, blood amulet, living children and so on. The whole place was "decorated" (It should be like that originally) like when you're celebrating Halloween. It was so creepy that this place could win the "Most Terrifying Place Award".

As the trio passed by, vampires drew near to them. But with the garlic necklace's work, they were repelled by the smell of it. Some of them were even complaining.

"Aww, c'mon. Let me take a bite of you..."

"Take the necklace off, would'ya? You looks tasty..."

"Argh! The smell's polluting my nose!"

They entered a house and noticed a female vampire was standing lifelessly beside a coffin. Her face was as white as snow, a blazing-red colour hair, her fangs were too long to be seen.

"What? Never see a vampress before?" she snapped as she noticed the three strangers were staring at her.

"Oh, sorry," Rhen apologised.

"It's okay..." she closed her mouth and took a glance at the three of them. "You're adventurers?" she presumed.

"Yep," Lars gave out a short answer. The vampress sighed.

"How I wish I can travel with you guys. This pkace bores me," she gave out a long sigh again.

"Why don't you join us? We might need your err...hand," offered Rhen.

"I can't walk under the sun."

"How can we help you?" asked Elini.

"Bring me sunblock, it can help me travel with no harm from sunlight. Bring it to me and I may join you."

~~~

After they left (and promised to get sunblock for) her, they continued to explore the creepy village. hey met with two teenage boy, who had the same appearance (all looked almost the same when they're vampires, actually). One with a aqua-blue hair, the other was purple.

"Hi guys," said the aqua-blue haired vampire, whose name was Fred. The adventurers greeted him back.

"Here's something that I want to share. My friend George ---" the purple-haired buy smiled at them, "--- is a vegetarian."

"Vegetarian? I thought vampires feed on blood," wondered Rhen.

"He's a...special type of vampire spesies."

"I'm doubtful about you," said Lars while looking at George, "Prove it!"

"Okay, let's have an experiment, shall we?" said Fred excitedly, "Bring me an elephant garlic and we'll see about that."

"How do we get it?"

"You can dig around. For your info, there's one in Ghed'ahre."

So Rhen and the others digged around the village. Most of their digging was unfruitful, only bones of the remains. But when they were about to give up after their last digging of the day, they found a secret passage. They looked at each other, waiting for someone to break the sudden quietness.

"Em...ladies first?" asked Lars.

Elini went in first, followed by Rhen and then Lars. They found themselves in a small cave with nothing but walls facing them.