Chapter 30: The Dream

They searched the chest and found some interesting items like a magic kettle, some scroll parchments that might help Lars, and some clothing to replace their old, worn out gears. They spent a night in the temple and left Mysten Far on the day after.

"Next stop, the Kingdom of Thais!" said John, steering the dragon like an expert.

~~~

 "They must be close," said the Oracle. "They're heading to the land of Thais."

"The Dreamland is back to normal," reported Talia. "The curse has been lifted. It seems that they have found the source of the plague and got rid of it, for good."

"Good. We'll be waiting for them to escort Vata and we shall start the ritual immediately."

~~~

"Here we are," said Lars. "The grand, old kingdom of Thais."

Upon hearing the word, Rhen's started to have uneasy feelings. To her, Thais meant she was back to her home, her birthplace, and she was supposed to be crowned as the queen, to rule this place and restore balance of the world. Standing at the entrance of the city, they scanned took a brief look around the used-to-be-majestic kingdom. Despite the war that happened years ago, some of the buildings were still intact. While some were being forced to shut the place down due to the great damage received during the war. Closing her eyes, Rhen could imagine the place that she was standing at, being invaded by Ahriman and his minions years ago. She clenched her fist.

"Alright," said Rhen. "Feel free to look around, and we'll spend a night at the inn."

~~~

The potion master and the alchemist were deep in conversation. They stopped as the door bell rang. Looked like they have visitors.

"I'll talk to you later," said the alchemist. "In the meanwhile, let me have a look at your exotic potions."

The potion master waved, watching the alchemist disappeared in racks of potions and turned his attention to his customers, "Welcome to my shop. What can I do for you?"

"My, my," came a familiar voice. "Look what we have here? The bloodsucker and the fancy lady."

"There you are, my chopsticks," purred Te'ijal. Elini and Dameon exchanged their glances. They introduced themselves and chatted for minutes. Galahad seemed to liking the pirate when he mentioned that he, too, did not much believe about the divinity of magic.

The alchemist walked to the counter and Elini recognized her instantly as she, too, was from Veldt. According to Lars, she was currently in need of a magical kettle. Fortunately they found one in genie's castle.

"Kashim," called Elini. The alchemist jumped in surprise, "Elini! It's been a while! How are you? What brings you to Thais?"

"It's a long story. Say, are you looking for a magic kettle?" The alchemist went speechless, mouth wide open the moment Elini showed her the fancy black kettle.

"Finally..." she blurted. "I don't know how did you get this thing but I don't care! You're my hero!"

"Ahh, glad to hear that," said the potion master. "As a token of appreciation for helping my friend, I shall give you my latest creation: A love potion that works!"

The potion master decided to teach a lesson or two to the alchemist and so they went to the back of the shop, leaving the adventurers in front.

"Hmm, a love potion?" mumbled Elini as she was looking at the pink fluid enclosed in a tiny bottle. "Shall we test it on one of the guys...?"