Chapter Nine

Jack's P.O.V.

We all fit into the car with Daniel as driver, Jonah shotgun, Evie and her friends in the middle, and Zach, Corbyn, and I in the back.

Me: "Oh my gosh, I feel so rude. What are you two's names?"

Cr: "Crystal."

Je: "Jane"

I smile at them a little and just watch Evelyn. She seems so happy, but she isn't super open and I can't help but notice that she is wearing a sweatshirt even though it is nice outside. We get to the Verizon store and get out.

Me: "What type of phones do you like?"

E: "Honestly, I like the 11..."

Me: "Okay we'll see what we can do. "

She is so modest, even in the way that she talks, that it would be hard not to love her. We get into the Verizon store and I walk up to the counter.

Me: "Um excuse me, Sir?"

Sir: "Yes?"

Me: "Can we please get the iPhone 11?"

Sir: "Yes sir, what color?"

I look at Evie and she bites her lip.

Me: "Can you show us all of them please?"

He does and walks back out with four boxes.

Sir: "I brought all of the colors that we have."

I look to my side and notice that Evelyn is zoning out. I poke her and she turns to the guy that is selling the phones.

Sir: "We have a green, yellow, purple, and white."

E: "Yellow please."

Evelyn said yellow firmly.

Me: "I'll get all of the paperwork ironed out. Do you want your same phone number?"

E: "Yes please, if it is not too hard."

Sir: "No problem. Would you mind giving me your phone?"

E: "Sure."

She takes out her phone and hands it to the man.

Me: "Go pick out a case."

E: "No, you are already getting me a phone, you do NOT need to get me a case."

She was really bound and determined to get her way. Two can play at that game.

Me: "Yes, I AM GETTING YOU A CASE, NOW GO. Please."

I nudge her over to the case rack and she sighs at me.

E: "Okay... because you said please."

She grabs Crystal and Jane and continues over to the rack.

Sir: "Account Name?"

Me: "Jack Avery."

I text Mary to see if she will let me transfer over all of Evelyn's info.

Jack😐 - Hey, Mary what is your Verizon account?

Mary Ryan- its under Karl Ryan.

Jack😐 - thanks

I put my phone away and give the worker dude all of the information that he needs.

Me: "Evie do you have a case?"

E: "I do."

She walks over and hands it to me. I pay for the phone and the case and fill out all of the paperwork. I hand her both of the phones when I am done.

E: "Thank you."

To my extreme surprise she wraps her arms around me. I hug her back and she rests her head on my shoulder. {Put your head on my shoulder, whisper in my ear baby}

...

I'm publishing in bulk because i have to use a computer because my tablet won't connect to the home wireless.