T H R E E | CONTRACT

FIRST PERSON
EDEN

"Okay, let's talk

"Okay, let's talk." Mat says as he bites into his burger and I start of my fries that Mat bought me.

"Why haven't you called?" I ask lifting my eyebrow at him.

"I'm sorry about that okay? I got really busy with everything that I just didn't have the time. I'm sorry Eds." Mats tells me, and I could tell that he's truly sorry.

"It's fine, i guess." I say as I continue on my fries.

"Why are you in New York?" Mats asks me.

"I got a job."

"With who?"

"The Islanders."

"You're lying..."

"Why would I lie about that?"

"So you're here to stay?"

"Yeah..."

"You're gonna be my fake girlfriend."

"What!" I say not believing this guy. We already did this for one night, and I hated it.

"We already did this for one night, that should be enough!" I say rolling my eyes as I munch on a chicken nugget.

"You don't understand Eds, this girl is always showing off these different guys to me and It's so annoying. I just wanna show her that I don't need her." Mathew says making me roll my eyes.

"But doing this whole fake relationship thing is just showing that you need her. That you need to show her you're worthy." I say and Mathew just shakes his head.

"Come on Eds, you know how she is. You just saw her once and you already know she's a bitch." Mats says and I nod my head yes.

"But you get something out of this, what would I get?" I ask as I lean forwards on the table and Mathew does the same.

"Well, I can't promise you a perfect relationship, but I can promise you me. So, you in?" Mat's says making me shake my head no.

"Ew don't talk like that, you sound like a little bitch. And that's not enough, I'll be your fake girlfriend only if you buy me McDonalds whenever I want." I say using a fry to point at Mathew.

"Deal." Mats says as he's quick to bite the fry out of my hand.

"Hey!" I say making him laugh.