Chaper 18: Marry Me

"She's my daughter ?"

Jason asked looking surprised and happy. I still want to know how he found me. I nodded my head placed Lexi in my lap. She smiled at Jason. They look so alike. She has his eyes and lips, but she has my nose. He shook his head and sighed. "Why didn't you tell me ?", he asked. "I was about to tell you. But the same day I found out I was pregnant, you cheated.", I say.

"I'm so sorry. I've been miserable without you, Y/n. I want another chance.", he asked grabbing my hand. "I'll think about it.", I say looking away. "I understand. Can I please know who the step father is ?", he said quietly. "Jason, I'm single. It's just been me and Lexi for three years straight.", I say. "Oh thank god. And just to clear things up. I never got Sofia pregnant. She lied just to make you even more angry. I mean, she's pregnant now but not by me.", he says scratching the back of his neck. "Lexi's been asking for you.", I say motioning him to Lexi.

"What did she ask ?", he said with a grin. "When will I see daddy ?", I tell him. "Oh. What do you say ?", he asked me. "I would tell her every time that Daddy will be home soon.", I say. "That's nice. I still love you, Y/n.", said Jason. "I never stopped loving you, Jason.", I say fiddling with my fingers. "Then, why'd you run away ?", he asked me.

"I was hurt and you broke your promise. I couldn't face you. I wasn't ready.", I say almost crying. Jason wrapped his arms around me. "I'm truly sorry, Y/n. I'm going to make sure I'm there for you and our daughter. I quit the gang life just for you. I love you, Y/n.", he said kissing my forehead. "I love you too Jason.", I say.

"Can I maybe stay here with you ?", he asked scratching the back of his neck. "Yes, you can.", I say with a smile. "Yay ! Daddy can stay !"

I stood up and put Lexi down. Jason grabbed my hands and kissed them. I think I'm making the right choice here. No, I am making the right choice. I want Jason back in my life. I smiled and kissed his cheek. Jason and I slept in the same bed that night. I feel like we're a family. We've been a family wether it was with a child or not. I slept peacefully.

* Months later*

Everything has been perfect. Me and Jason are back together. Lexi is with my dad right now. The reason why is because Jason wanted to do something special for tonight. I dress up and I go downstairs. I see a note on the table and rose petals that lead to the backyard. The note said "Roses are red. Violets are blue. Come to the backyard. I have a surprise for you ;)" I smiled at the corny note. I go out back and see Jason all dressed up. He was standing next to a table that had food on it. Jason motioned me to sit down and I did just that.

"What is all this ? This is beautiful !", I say admiring what Jason had fixed up for us. "I wanted to do something special for you."", he said. "I appreciate it a lot Jason. I really do. Did you also cook !?", I ask him shocked.

"Yes, it's T-bone stake with a side of pasta.", he says with a smile. "Not a very professional way to put it but I love it.", I say to him. "Thank you. Let's eat shall we."

We talked for hours. We talked about our future and how the gang is doing and what we have planned for Lexi's next Birthday. Jason's food was DELISH ! I mean, I knew he could cook but I didn't know he could cook this good ! I'm very thankful to have him in my life. Finally we were both full. I stood up and so did he. I was about to walk back in the house but Jason called my name. I turned around to see him on the ground with a ring in his hand. Is this really happening !?

"Jason....", I say feeling tears. "Y/n, the first time I laid my eyes on you I knew then that you were the one for me. We've been through a lot together and we've seen a lot. I want to spend my life with you forever. Will you marry me ?", Jason asked with a smile. I feel a tear going down my face. "Oh Jason.....I don't know what to say !", I say. "Say yes, babe !", he says. "Yes, I'll marry you !"

Jason put the ring on my finger and stood up. He hugged me tightly while I cried tears of joy. I can't believe I'm getting married to the love of my life. A whole day with my family and friends and my beautiful baby girl. I look Jason in his eyes and I tell him I love him. I can't find the word that describes my happiness.