Chapter 24 & 25

A/N: Hi. Since Wattpad was being a douche, chapter 23 didn't post. I had to retype it😩😭 But I merged these two chapters together. Thanks for reading 😂. I'm surprised people actually read my stories. 😳
-
"What?"
My eyes widened. I pulled Taylor backstage.
"Are you crazy? I just got out of a relationship, Caniff. I can't do that."
He frowned.
"You never took any hints, huh?"
I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.
"What do you mean?"
"All these years I've liked you."
"But--I'm sorry Taylor, I..."
I trailed off. I sounded too weak.
"It's cool, Porter. Sorry to rush, I'll just leave you alone."
I grabbed his arm.
"No, it's fine. I guess it couldn't hurt."
-
Taylor wrapped his arm around my side and kissed my head. I grinned.
Everyone was going out to dinner tonight at TGI Fridays. I took a seat at the table that was reserved for us.
"Remember that time you said you were waiting for the perfect girl after you graduated high school?"
"Yeah, what about it?"
"Did you really mean that?"
"Pshhh, no. I did that to make it less obvious that I liked you."
I rolled my eyes and shoved Taylor.
"That didn't work, did it?"
He grinned.
"Nope."
The rest of the guys took a seat. Of course, Cameron was sitting next to Alexa.
"Kinda happy.☺️ Dinner with @taylorcaniff and the rest of the guys after the show.😍 #fooooood."
I tapped tweet and leaned against Taylor. He was on his phone. He retweeted my tweet.
"Take a selfie with me?" Taylor asked.
I frowned.
"I'm too ugly for pictures, gross."
He laughed.
"But you look so pretty. You're always beautiful."
I laughed.
"No, but thanks, Caniff."
I eventually gave in to the selfie. We both stuck out our tongues.
"Dinner date w @ryanhueporter 😊😍👫❤️"
I laughed. I retweeted it and replied.
"Baaaaaaaaaaaaabe😂😏😍 @taylorcaniff"
Taylor kissed my lips softly and hugged me.
I felt someone looking at us. I looked at Cameron, and I was right. I quickly looked away.
-
"Wake up! Porter, we gotta get ready! Our flight is today! Come on! Don't make me pour water on you! Disney World in two days!"
I groaned. I snuggled underneath the warm bed covers. I wasn't a morning person at all.
A minute later I feel ice-cold water splashed onto my face.
"Caniff! We went over this before!" I screamed and jumped out of bed. I tackled him and sat on top of him. He was laughing.
"Quit doing that, I'm up!"
I got off of him and stood up. Our rooms were connected so he could sneak in whenever. I brushed my teeth and jumped in the shower.
After I got out, I looked around to see if Taylor was still in my room. I quickly got my clothes when I felt a pair of strong arms grab my waist.
"Shit! Taylor!"
I dropped my clothes back on the bed. He spun my around. He laughed.
"I rarely see you like this," He said. He looked up and down at me and grinned. I gave him a disgusted look and shoved him. I laughed.
"Now isn't the right time, now get out! I need to put on my clothes and get ready. You need to put on a shirt."
He looked down and frowned. He took a step closer to me.
"You like it."
I snorted.
"Okay, I do. Get out, Caniff."
He groaned and walked back into his room. I locked the door and put on my clothes.
I blow-dried my hair and slipped on my shoes. I didn't even bother to put any makeup on. I packed my things and unlocked the door. I walked into Taylor's room. It was a mess.
"Taylor, you're a hot mess."
He must've got out of the shower, because his hair was wet and he had a towel around his waist. He smirked.
"You like what you see?"
I laughed.
"Shut up, we're going to be late. You're the one who told me to get up, now come on."
I sat on the couch, on my phone as he got ready.
"Let's go." He said.
-
We got to the airport at six. He gripped my hand and kissed my cheek. I smiled and leaned against him.
Cameron was walking by himself, and Alexa wasn't here.
"Where's Alexa?" I whispered to Taylor.
"She made Cam look bad because she said he didn't 'do good' in bed. He kicked her out of the hotel because she made lies about everyone, including you."
My eyes widened.
"What did she say?"
"She said that you cheated on Cameron, and now some fans hate you. I cleared it up while we were in the car. Alexa's kicked out of Magcon."
I grinned.
"Good, she deserves that for being a bitch."
I told Taylor about the incident yesterday, he got pissed and almost slapped her. He laughed.
"That was a good comeback, though. You nearly killed her."
I smiled.
"Yeah."
-
"Come on, Porter! Don't be shy!"
I laughed and got on stage. Taylor pulled me in for a hug.
"I don't like doing this, I don't want to annoy them."
He frowned.
"Who cares? I don't care what anybody says about us."
-
"Tonight was amazing, thanks Taylor."
I leaned in and kissed him he hugged my tightly and kissed me back. I grinned.
"Anytime. Tomorrow we gotta go to New York. You ready?"
I grinned.
"Yeah, I've always wanted to go there. Maybe we can go to Coney Island or something and go on rides there, too."
I grinned.
"Yeah."
-
Several years later
-
Taylor and I broke up last year, but we're still best friends. Nothing's changed.
He broke up with me because we both thought it wouldn't work out, and we were bored of it. I sighed.
I was at Walmart getting some things for my mom. She needed things for dinner and the house.
I grab something off of the shelf at the end of the aisle and take a sharp turn to the next one. I smack heads with someone.
"Ouch," I said.
"Sorry, let me help you up."
They pulled me up, and I looked in front of me.
Cameron.
-
"Ryan?"
I froze. I didn't know what to do.
"Uh, um-I--"
"Where have you been? I mean, ah... How have you been?"
He scratched the back if his neck awkwardly. He's gotten cuter since the last time I've seen him.
"I've been okay. It's been a while."
He gives me a small, crooked, smile.
"Yeah. Well, I better go. It was nice running into you. Text me sometime."
"Sure, okay. Bye."
I walk away from him.
What just happened?
-
It's Sunday morning, and I'm tired as hell.
I get on my phone and check for some unread messages. One was from my old friends in school.
"Hey, Porter! It's Jojo. I'm with Ethan and Thomas, and some other people. We were trying to get some people from school to see if you wanted to go to the movies?"
I grinned.
"I'd love to. What time?"
"Tonight at 6, pick ya up?"
"Sure! What movie?"
"Not sure, probably Tfios or Maleficent."
I jumped out of bed and got ready. I put on little makeup and some lip bomb. I put on a Freshtops tank top and some high-waisted shorts. I threw on my navy blue toms.
My mom was downstairs, reading something.
"Where are you going?"
I looked over at her.
"Jojo invited me and a couple of people from school to the movies tonight. I'm gonna go to the mall and go there. Is that okay?"
"Sure, just be home by curfew."
I grabbed my keys and a bagel, then headed out.
-
"Hey, Porter. Did you go on a shopping spree? Damn!"
I laughed. I looked over at Ethan.
"Sort of."
He grinned.
"Cool, let's head inside."
Some of the girls were arguing about which movie to see."
"Who cares what you think, Malerie! You always get what you want. Shut up."
Mackenzie growls at her.
I rolled my eyes.
"This is supposed to be a fun night, you idiots. Not a fighting night. Let's just see The Fault in Our Stars and leave it. You can wait for the other."
"But you can wait for this one, too."
I shot Malerie a look.
"We get what we want this time, not you."
She groaned. She was never nice to me, and a brat.
"Seven tickets please, for The Fault in Our Stars."
"Across the hall and section B. Butter on popcorn?"
"Three large buckets non-buttered popcorn, one small buttered."
She hands me the popcorn and I pass it back. Thomas pays for it and we all go take our seats.
"What happened between you and your little relationship with Taylor and some other guy?" Ethan whispered.
I shrugged.
"Went downhill and we broke up."
"Oh. Sorry to hear."
I gave him a small smile.
"It's fine."
I felt my phone buzz. It was Cameron.
I sighed.
"Hey. Wyd?"
"At the movies with some friends, leave me tf alone you hoebag. 😒"
"Seems like you're pissed. What movie?"
"It's called Narnia Business, now stfu. I want some time away from you and spend my time with my friends."
"Who are your friends?"
He was getting on my nerves.
"Several guy friends and some soccer and volleyball players from school. Do you have a problem w that? 😒"
"Guy friends? Hold up.😳"
"Uh, yeah? I'm single and free, I can do whatever I want. Leave me alone before I block your number and call the cops for harassment."
"Listen to me, I just want to be friends again. Please.😔"
I frowned.
"I think about it. Bye."
I shut off my phone and shared some popcorn with Ethan.
-
"Thanks for the movie invite, I had fun."
Jojo grinned.
"Welcome. Hey, let's take a group picture! I'll post it on Instagram and Twitter and tag y'all in it."
We all got into a small line. Jojo's sister took the picture.
"Okay, I got it."
I grinned.
"I gotta go meet with someone, see you guys later. Maybe we can hangout again soon."
Jojo smiled.
"Yeah, thanks for coming out, Porter. Bye!"
I waved and opened my car door.
"Bye!"
-
"Are you at your house?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Is your front door unlocked?"
"Yeah, why? What's wrong?"
"Nothing, I'm coming in."
I hung up from the call. I opened Cameron's door.
During the last couple years, I tried avoiding Cameron even though he was my neighbor. He annoyed me so much, but I had to straighten this out.
"Ryan!"
He ran over and tried giving me a hug. I stepped back.
"No."
He frowned.
"Why not?"
"This isn't a 'get back together' thing, Dallas. This is only for our friendship. I need to learn to trust you again."
He gave me a hurt look.
"Okay. Let's talk in my room."
"No. Basement."
"Fine."
We walked down and I sat on the end of the couch. He sat on the opposite end.
I sighed.
"So... Last time we talked was when I was in Atlanta and accused you with Alexa."
He nodded.
"I didn't like her, Ryan. It was for publicity."
I slammed my hand on the table.
"What about in the limo? You sat next to her. Paparazzi weren't in there. The windows are tinted, the door are locked. You didn't like her, you say?"
He was quiet for a moment.
"You're a player, Cameron. My ex-friend was right. You dated her friend, dumped her, and never saw her again. I've lost a friend and you. Look at this mess."
I sighed and leaned back in the couch.
"You're right, Ryan. But you're the only girl I've loved the most."
I looked at him in confusion.
"No, I'm not. I'm probably one of the many girls that have fallen for you. You say nice things, then run away."
"If you say that, how come I keep coming back to you?"
I froze.
"You don't see me going back to other girls, you don't see me going back to Alexa. You're the only girl I've kept coming back to."
I looked at him for a second. He seemed exhausted. his hair was ruffled up to the side. He wouldn't stop looking at me.
"I don't know, Cameron."
I stood up and walked back upstairs. I put on my shoes.
"Wait, Ryan."
"Cameron, I don't know if I can forgive you or not."
"Please? Cam we start with a new, clean slate. Ryan, I'm this close to begging you."
"Bye, Cameron."
I open the door, and it's raining. I start walking down his driveway when he grabs me by my arm and spins me around.
Next thing you know, our lips are forced against on each other's.