Chapter 29

"Hey, Porter! Special people wanna see you!"
I gave Taylor a confused look.
"Like who?"
"You'll see! Come out here!"
I put my phone in my pocket and walked out of backstage. I followed Taylor and a huge, bright light snapped onto me. I squinted and I tripped up the stairs.
"Ouch!"
I pair of hands tugged at my sides and picked me up. I screamed and Cameron put me down on my feet. I laughed.
"What's this about?"
"The fans wanted to see you."
I waved at a couple of them. In the crowd, I heard a girl yell.
"You're a bitch, Ryan!"
I frowned and looked at Cameron.
"Did you hear that?"
"Yeah, ignore them. Their jealous. They shouldn't even be saying that stuff."
I shrugged.
"Okay."
The guys did the rest of their performance and talking, and the Jacks performed their songs. After that, were meet and greets. I sat at Cameron's booth, waiting until it was time to leave. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up from my phone.
"Ry, She wants to take a picture with you."
"Huh? Oh."
I put down my phone. Nobody really did this with me, maybe sometimes with Cameron in it.
She grinned.
"You're prettier in person!"
I laughed.
"Thanks. What's your name?"
"Sky."
"I like your name, it's pretty."
"Thanks."
She snapped the selfie.
"I can't believe I met you. You're so nice, love you!"
I gave her one last hug.
"Love you too."
I turned around to Cameron smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully.
"You liked that, huh?" He asked.
"A little. You love doing this. It's fun for you, Cam."
"Of course it is. Come here."
Cameron pulled me in for a hug. He kissed my forehead.
"I love you." He whispered.
"I love you, too."
-
"Hey, where do we eat?" Hayes asked.
"You always ask that." Nash rolled his eyes.
"Shut up, Hamilton."
"Don't call me that, Benjamin."
Other than Nash and Hayes, everyone else was laughing.
"Let's get sushi." Cameron suggested. "Get rice boy what he wants."
Carter frowned.
"Shut up, dude."
We all laughed and walked to the restaurant. I sat at a table with Nash, Carter, Hayes, and Cameron. We ordered our food and ate.
My phone buzzed.
"Hey, I gotta take this."
Cameron frowned.
"Okay."
I walked outside the restaurant. It was an unknown number calling me.
"Are you Ryan Porter?"
"Who is this?"
"Expect me soon."
"Who are you? How did you get my number?"
"I'll tell you one thing; I've been watching your moves. I've known you in high school. I'm going to hunt you down. Tell that pretty boy of yours to watch his ass. Your friends, too."
The line clicked off and I looked around. It must've been a prank. It was all too sudden. I sighed.
I walked back into the restaurant. Should I be scared?
"Who was it?" Nash asked.
"I don't know, it was weird. They said they were going to hunt me and you guys down. It must've been a prank or something. They said they've known me since high school. The voice sounded familiar."
Cameron gave me a look.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah. It sounded like a guy, I don't know. He said he was coming for you; Cam I'm afraid of losing you."
He reached for my hand and squeezed it. I squeezed back and sighed.
"We'll watch out for you two." Nash said.
"We have to watch out for everyone."
"We have security on our backs, we should be okay. But mainly you and Cam."
I chewed on my bottom lip.
"Okay."
-
A few days later
-
"Come on, Ry. We're going to be late for our flight." Cameron said.
I groaned and dragged myself to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a shower. I put some eyeliner and mascara on, and some lip bomb. I put on some high-waisted shorts and a 'Nashty' shirt on. Cameron grinned.
"I like you wearing our merchandise. Wanna wear one of my sweatshirts instead? It's strangely chilly this morning."
I nodded and he handed me one of his grey sweatshirts. I slipped it on, and it made me feel instantly warm. I sighed and hugged myself. He laughed.
"Come here."
I walked toward him and put my arms around his neck. The sleeves were long, and they hid my fingers. He slipped his hands at the back of my thighs.
"You're beautiful, did you know that?"
I laughed a little and blushed.
"You tell me that almost every single day."
"It's because you deserve it. You ready?"
"Almost."
I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and walked back into the bathroom. I brushed my hair and dried it. I put my socks on with some of my Toms. I slung my purse over my shoulder and grabbed my luggage.
"Ready."
He looked up from his phone and smiled. His hair was ruffled up a bit differently, instead of being aimed at one side, it was almost everywhere, but neatly.
"Okay. Next stop, New Jersey! Maybe we can go on a boardwalk or something like a carnival tonight, if we aren't that tired."
I grinned and slipped my hand in his.
"Yeah."