Chapter 28: What love can destroy

*July 18* *8:35am*

The last few days I have been packing and setting the date of my flight which is today. I have had my fun with Graham and my family. I visited my parent's grave and Jennifer's, saying my goodbye. I said goodbye to Crawford and the agency. I packed the things I would need the most, leaving half the things on my room then shipped them yesterday morning to the college in England.

I woke up on my last day on the house, last day in Maine. Hannibal escaped several days ago. I am not worried about it. The security on my house doubled to make sure everything was fine while I am gone. Knowing Hannibal, he killed Jennifer. He must of have and i will have my revenge.

I see the suitcases on my wood floor. I get up from my bed and open the door. The smell of apple cinnamon rolls. Vickie must be making me food to eat on the plane ride. I go downstairs where everyone is at the kitchen or living room, except Jennifer. I smile at them as the flash of a camera takes a picture. "Last picture. I can't believe your leaving." Shawn says.

"Shawn. Don't forget. You're coming with me." Shawn was accepted to Oxford a couple days after my graduation. He's supposed to go regístrate with me. "You're both leave us. I already have a job at the mechanic shop." Said Mikey.

"Choose your last breakfast with us." Said Vickie.

"I'll get cereal."

I went to serve my breakfast on a bowl as the doorbell rang. Jack went running to the door. "I'll get it!!" There was a moment of silence when the door opened. A few seconds later, it was closed. "Jack! Who is it?" I went to check the door on who it was. My eyes glazed at the big basket of roses.
"It's Will!!"

I haven't seen him since the funeral on June 10. I didn't speak to him because I was in grief. The heartbreak of me not being able to tell him if he was okay or say that I need him.

I was happy to see him finally. I smiled at him as he entered the kitchen and put down the roses. He looked at me and kissed me. "I haven't given you roses before but this for all of you. I'm sorry I haven't called you to check up. I was in shock. I hope you guys got enough time by yourselves." He responded.

"Its okay Graham. Thank you for helping us during everything." Thanked Vickie.

"Let me get a vase from the back to put these in." I said. I went to the storage room outside the house, not far. The skies were turning gray and i smell the wet dirt.

I open the room and search. I find one perfect for the roses. As the cloudy sun shines in the room, I see a shadow step in. It wasn't Will or Mikey. I knew who it was. Hannibal.

"If you're here to kill someone else, I want you to kill me instead. Right now you have that chance." I said out loud. I turned around facing him. The blank look he had turned into a smirk.

"I am not here for you or anyone in particular. I have been trying to say that I wasn't going for you. How rude of you think of me like that. A murderer."

"You killed Jennifer! my sister! I hate you for killing someone i love! Just leave me alone please!!!" I respond. I knew what he wanted. It wasn't what was said before. It was something that I had. Someone who knew him.

"You really don't know why I keep coming back to you and Will? I am the patron saint of your demise. I can kill the reset of your family but nothing will change except your grief. Human motivation can be little more than lucid greed." His facial expressions scared me.

"You want Will. You love him." I said it. i finally said it. He looked at me surprised for a second then relaxed.

"Every killer's mind are different but same. The mind can kill you when you try to do the opposite of what it says. I can see that you follow your mind. Not the heart. You have no heart. You don't care about others than Will!

I never understood why you hate me. I saved you and Will. Despite on what Happened with you two, I cared about you. I trusted you! You killed her. Did i make you do this?" I thought I wouldn't trust them a try first but as I got to know them, it was safe.

I started to cry which I didn't know why. Am I a bad person?

"Hannibal. Am I a bad person? Do you hate me that much to kill me? Kill Jennifer?!" I asked, looking straight in his eyes. Hannibal stared at me for a moment. The tears ran down my face and the clouds turned sad gray. The smell of his colon filled the room. It felt like time stopped.

I am going to die.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Hannibal expressions changed now. Something I never seen from him before. He walked toward me as I was frozen. Closer and closer, i was scared to talk. His body next to mine.

Deep stare in my eyes, his hand touches my face. "You're different. You need help with the insanity inside you. Controlling to kill. You can kill. You can do what you want. That's what I like about you and I never wanted to kill you."

The rumble of thunder and lightening. Hannibal looks at my lips then at my eyes. "In the end, I will forgive you because this is what I want you to have. Love."

Hannibal lips touched mine. I was in shocked, thinking I was going to die. His soft pure lips, and his hand on my cheek. I take it in. My breathe was taken away. I kept thinking, why didn't I pull away?

The thunder strikes and I hear a voice. "Freya!!" Will yells.

Hannibal pulls away and I fall to the floor. He goes to the back entrance, where it leads to the woods.

"Freya!" Will runs to me and picks me up. "What Happened? Are you okay?"

"Hannibal was here." I said. I grabbed the vase which I originally came for. Will looks at me and grabs my hand, leading me back inside as the rain poured.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sit down in the living room and Will gives a cup of tea. "Hannibal was here?" Shawn asks.

"Should we call the police?" Vickie says.

"I'm going to call them." Will responds. He leave the room as I sit here. "I need to eat. My cereal is soggy already." I go back to the kitchen and grab another bowl. I just wanted to leave.

Hannibal kissed me. I didn't pull back.

I kept thinking and thinking about the kiss. A stupid kiss. I start to eat breakfast and continue what I was supposed to do. I cleaned my room and packed some items so dust wouldn't collect. I put up pictures of my memories and I put a poster of me and Will together. It was the memories of us we had. Most of the time we were kidnapped. I hear heavy boots coming up the stairs. i climb off the bed and see him peeking through the door. "What happened........back at the storage?" Will asks. "Did he hurt you?"

I couldn't say the truth to him. My mouth opened but the words wouldn't come out saying it. i was scared because i didn't know if i had to say something. I looked at Will with a faint look. my eyes start to produce tears. My heart feels like it hurts. I love Will. My head laid down at my feet. "What the hell am i suppose to say to you?" I whispered. My throat felt like a tight necklace. "I am scared to tell you what happened." Will closed my door and he walked to me. "Tell me. Then we'll talk about it."

I took a breathe and stared back at him. "I talked to him. About you. He has his interests in you. That's why he won't leave me alone. He wants you."

"But i don't want him. I want you, only you." Will responded. deep inside my stomach, i felt that wasn't the truth.

"It wasn't just you. It was me. You have me and Hannibal wanted the same thing. He wanted love. He wants me."

Hannibal Lecter is a difficult man to understand. He has a cold heart, he shows no emotion like a psychopath. He looks at me like he loved me. He never did.

"Can we just stop talking about him? For today, I'm leaving and i want to spend time with you and my family. I just want to be happy." I hugged Will as he holds me tight. Deep inside, I knew what Hannibal felt. His feelings don't work with his actions.

But he killed my sister.... Why is he a monster?