Daveed x Reader (Requested 1)

Requested by: AnimeManiac443

"Y/n, are you ready for the rest of the show?" Daveed asked you. "Of course. I can't wait to see all the people that are out there a good time." You replied. He smiled at you but you didn't see. You were too busy at the snack table. "Y/n l/n, dressing is right now. We need you in your dressing room." A woman said. She was tall, thin, she had long black hair and deep blue eyes. You sighed and shoved a load of food in your mouth before rushing off with her.

When you arrived to the dressing room three people crowded you. Brushes beated your face, your nails were getting final coated, and the dress was shoved in your face. You changed and finished make up. The tall woman came into your room and pulled you put to the side stage. "Y/n entering in 3. 2. 1." She said before you were tugged in by Pippa. "And Peggy!" You sung.

After the song you found your way back to the snack bar.
"Where were we, my loves?" You whispered to the food. You got a muffin and a water before being dragged back into the dressing room for another make up fix.

You met up with Daveed during You'll Be Back.

"You were amazing out there," you said to him. "You were too, y/n." He returned the compliment. Suddenly he was being dragged back out for Right Hand Man.

You didn't get to see him again until Helpless but you were on stage so np actual conversation was happening.

During Satisfied he smiled at you. It wasn't part of the choreography so it caught you off guard.

You two had a few songs off but he was getting changed to Jefferson and you were getting Maria'd up.

Finally Say No To This. Your favorite song that you preformed in.

Daveed caught up with you for a split 3 seconds. "You look gre-" he was cut off by the woman pushing you to the stage. "Thanks, Diggs!" You called out, knowing he was complimenting you.

Daveed's Pov:

I wanted to see y/n in her Maria outfit before she went on stage. I know she always looks perfect in it. She looks good in everything. She was walking toward the stage. "You look gre-" I started before Deliah, the co-director, pushed her away. She called out a thanks but I was still a little sad. I really need got talk to her.

I saw Lin getting to touch her, be around her for more than half a minute, look at her. Although, he's only pretend in love with her. I'm not. I love her.

I felt my face heat up. How come he gets to feel her? Touch her. Hear her heart beat against his hands. "What am I thinking. It's only for the musical. I'm insane." I whispered to myself. "Or maybe I'm jealous..."

As soon as the song was over I pulled her back. "Listen I know you have to get touched up and I have to go on soon but I have to tell you something." I said. I hoped she understood. I was talking very fast. She nodded. "Then tell me. Before we go." She replied. "Y/n. I'm in love with you. And it makes me feel so...jealous...that Lin and everyone else gets to talk to you for a long time but I can't. I'm so-" I started but was cut off by her lips on mine. "I love you too, Diggs." She whispered before being pulled away by Deliah.

Your POV

I was on stage singing Say No To This. Lin makes me feel a little uncomfortable when he gets really close. Only because he's married and I'm interested in someone else. It was okay when he wasn't married nor was I in love with Daveed.

I walked off stage and Daveed grabbed my arm. "Listen I know you have to get touched up and I have to go on soon but I have to tell you something." He was talking so fast I barely understood him. "Then tell me. Before we go." I didn't care what that woman wanted. I needed to hear this. "Y/n. I'm in love with you. And it makes me feel so...jealous...that Lin and everyone else gets to talk to you for a long time but I can't. I'm so-" I pushed my lips on his. "I love you too, Diggs." I whispered before Deliah pulled me away.

"Now we have more touches to fix. Nice going, kissing him..." She said with a sigh at the end. I rolled my eyes and sat in the chair of Hell while Jerome fixed my make up.

No ones POV

After the show a few fans held back and we took a picture. "Say Hamlet!" Lin yelled before the girls took the picture. "Hamlet!" Everyone yelled. "Be sure to tag us on Instagram and Twitter, dudettes." Anthony said.

Everyone started leaving when Daveed grabbed my hand. He looked down at me. "Y/n, do you wanna be my official girlfriend?" He asked, biting his lip from nervousness. "I don't know Diggs. I'm thinking about someone else." I joked. "Who?" He went along. "His name is Thomas Jefferson." I replied trying not to laugh. He nodded. "Yeah, but guess what." he smiled. "What?" I asked. "France is following us to revolution!" He started singing What'd I Miss. I giggled. "Daveed Diggs, I would gladly be your girlfriend officially." I finally answered his question.

We were mid-kiss when we heard a bunch of high pitched squeals. We looked over to see Oak, Anthony, Leslie, and Lin. Everyone started laughed before we went inside to get ready to leave.